Drunk Confession

The next day, Spot gave her a very strange and questionable way of helping. he had spent some time thinking up ideas, but this one was the only one that seemed it could work.

"We getcha drunk so ya can talk more wit'out all of y'all craziness settin in. Who knows, it might free up ya mind. Might make you feel bettah. Might fix you up, or at least help us figure whats going on with you."

She thought about it and nodded, a little reluctantly. To her, it wasn't a bad idea, though she knew she would embarrass herself at one point during the night.

"That's not a bad idea. Okay. Tonight on da roof of da warehouse. You bring the alcohol, and I bring Jack to watch me. When I get drunk, I say anydin and everydin dat be on my mind, even secrets. So don't listen to anything I have to say. It's means nothing. Especially to you, Spot."

That night, they were all on the roof of the warehouse where Spot had first found her. she liked it there, she said. He could care less. All he could think of was her leaving him alone for once.

Spot handed her a bottle of hard whiskey and she started to drink fast. She just wanted to get it over with. It took her a while to say anything but complete and utter nonsense.

As she kept downing more and more her serious face faded and a silly smile replaced it. After a while, she said something that caught their attention.

"Oh, ya wanna know why I am insane. Well, its no surprise. Y'all should know." She giggled, a strange sound coming from her, one of the most serious people he had ever met.

"Because I'm not happy. Dat will stop the madness. Happiness will make me want to stop it. I don't right now. Its doesn't hurt as much as the sadness. the sadness is what hurts worst of all."

She giggled again and said "Ooh, we are all mad here. All the best people are absolutely bonkers. You are, Jack. But Spot, your just mean."

She sobered, then grinned and pulled on Jack's hand like she was a little child. He had never seen her like that. he kinda felt bad. He got the feeling that she wouldn't want this, to look like this. "Guess what Jacky Boy?! I'm not happy because I'm head over heahls in love! Love, Love, Love!"

She giggled and showed him the "S" on her belly. Jack frowned and looked at Spot, who looked away sheepishly.

"Well, he marked me outta hate, and we barely even tolerate each other, but I love him and he don't love me, so I don't wanna stop the madness. Cause, you see, if I did, I would hurt so much that I might do something nutty, like jump off a builing cause it hurts so much."

She looked at Spot and giggled "Oops I wasn't supposed to say that, well I'm going. Don't want you to be around when I come back to myself" She was completely sober when she jumped off the building, running for her bed at Medda's.

Tears streamed down her face, as Jack left Spot there to contemplate what had just transpired.