Epilouge

In time, more than just Finley's scars healed. As weeks and months went by, her nightmares went away and she became the happy girl she had been before, someone that Spot fell even more in love with.

Her smile could light up a room, and she got off the bottle and stopped smoking. She was the best she was, in a while. Her body, heart, soul, and mind had healed. She was most definitely better than ever.

Spot realized that he had loved the broken girl, but he loved the healed girl, the fixed girl, even more. He loved the laughing, smiling girl that he saw last every night and first every morning. The one who could love him.

On the one year anniversary of when she came to New York, Spot and she spent the night on a very familiar and special rooftop of a warehouse in Brooklyn that would forever be a part of their history. Where their love truly  blossomed and grew. 

She propped herself up on her elbows and looked into his eyes. "Hey, Spot, remember when I got drunk and told you I loved you. I will never regret that moment for as long as I live. That was the moment I realized the truth. That their could be no one else but you."

He nodded, absentmindedly stroking the "S" on her stomach, the way he had so many times. "I was so surprised to hear that, and the moment I realized I loved you it became the best moment of my life. These marks will forever be a part of us" She leaned over and started kissing him, softly, then passionately.

  She slowly lifted his shirt off and started kissing the "F" on his stomach, nibbling it and stroking it. He moaned softly and grabbed her by the waist and kissed her lips. He desperately wanted more, to touch her, to taste her, but he refrained from these deepening impulses.

She had told him that she wouldn't do "it" until she got married and he was surprisingly fine with that. For some reason, she made him want to wait. To hold off.

They slept in each other's arms that night, kissing and just being in love, Spot having changed his womanizer ways. he couldn't even look at another girl without comparing them to the only one for him.

They were the King and Queen of Brooklyn, the Brooklyn boys accepting her quite easily. All of Manhattan had voiced their opinions when they had found out her decision to stay with him, not all of them good, but she followed her heart, and stayed with Spot.

She trusted him. She stayed in 'Hattan on the weekends, and with her Spot the rest of the time. More girl newsies started popping up because of her and she became their leader. No matter what, Spot and Fin were stuck together, and nothing would ever pull them apart. Their tortured love had finally ended, and a new era of love had began.