Plan A

TW:suicide, depression.

The next morning, he decided to look for her. She had been in tears when she left, and her situation was dire at best. It wasn't good for her to be alone, with her emotions in tatters. She could do something rash. He didn't know what.

He found her talking to Strings, a tall lanky boy named for him looking like a string bean. She had become good friends with him. He had a tendency to make those around him laugh and smile. that was a good sign that she was with him.

She finished talking to him right before he got there, unfortunately for him, who didn't hear a word they said to each other. It would've been good for him to know what they were talking about.

She looked at Spot with a strange expression of love and sadness in her eyes. "Ya stay right heah Spot, you can tell 'im and Manhattan in ten minutes Strings, I trust ya to keep quiet. I don't want him followin' me righ' now"

Spot sat down silently next to him and after a long ten minutes of complete silence, Strings spoke up and said, "She be goin to jump off da Brooklyn pier and drown herself. She don't feel like livin no more."

He jumped up and yelled, "Go get Jack! We gotta help her." Strings nodded. "Okay." Spot ran as fast as he possibly could, not even knowing why. He didn't even like her, did he? Didn't matter, he was gonna save her anyway.

He arrived just as he saw her jump off the Pier into the ice cold water. He ran down the pier, not even stopping. Ace looked at him.

He yelled to Ace, "Get ready tah help me drag her up!" and jumped in the water without hesitation. She was at the bottom when he finally saw her through the murky water.

He tried so hard to pull her up, but saw a bag of rocks around her shoulder, the intent to weight her down and probably prevent him or anyone else from pulling her up.

He ripped it off and pulled her up as fast as he possibly could.

She wasn't breathing. He carried her up and Ace caught hold, and started doing CPR, which he had learned a long time ago, from before he was a newsie. She began to cough water after three long minutes.

Spot picked her up quickly and took her to the lodging house, where she lay weakly, blue in the face. Ace brought the Manhattan newsies, a large group of white faced boys. Jack held her tightly and said "Why would ya do dis? Why would ya wanna die?"

She kissed his cheek, tears coursing down her face. "I can't tell you, Jack. I can't."

After talking quietly to all of them, they all went outside to let her rest. It was plain to see she most definitely However, as soon as they left, she took out a knife and got to work. Plan B. This time, she wouldn't fail.

A/N I made a video with newsie theme songs Please watch it, it took me like two hours :)

Bye Queens and Kings of New York