Her Story Continued

"The biggest problem I have, I...I have these dreams, every night that I actually sleep, which trust me is very rarely, of Scott on the night he... on the night I ran away. Um, Its when he is attempting to hurt me, and..." She took a deep shuddering breath.

"The details, I... they get worse, and things happen that didn't in real life, luckily. In the dream, I don't escape, and he goes all the way, if you know what I mean." They looked at her with sadness in their eyes, all except Spot.

"I also dream about the night I killed the boy in Tennessee, except I go on to killing them all, the whole entire gang, and had a strange happiness about it, wallowing in their blood. I rejoice in the fact that I am a killer, that their blood was stained on my hands."

"These nightmares drove me to complete insanity, screaming in broad daylight and hurting others. I would lash out and beat anyone around me, so much so that..." She took another deep breath and looked through her tears right into their eyes.

"I was thrown in an Asylum where I was beaten and tortured until I escaped after six months. All of this drove me insane and I mean insane."

 "I sometimes can't even tell the difference between the real world, and the nightmares. Sometimes, the world seems like a fantasy, a twisted fantasy that I can't escape." She turned towards Spot.

"Spot, when I was punching the wall, it was helping the madness, this craziness flowing through my head. My insomnia, that helps too, but guys I'm trying tell you I went through four years of absolute hell and I came out with scars that will never heal unless I can find the answer. the answer to my problems. I need to know how to fix myself."

    All of them except Spot hugged her and gave her encouragement. They spoke quietly, with reassurances that they were going to help her, that she wasn't alone, and more sweet words.

But Spot simply left. The one question on his mind as he walked back to Brooklyn was, "Why me, why would she trust me? We barely even talk to each other. Why in the world would she turn to someone like me? I thought she secretly hated me."

He decided he was at least going to try to help her, for the sake of her leaving Brooklyn, not because he liked her or anything like that. He was doing it for the sake of the boys, not her. He would never do anything to assist her in any way.

Meanwhile, the boys took her inside and Mush and Blink kissed her cheeks. She smiled at their incredible kindness and shooed them away. They were sweethearts, but she was in love with someone else. She got ready with a faint smile on her face, and as she lay down, she thought about how similar Scott and Spots names were. Maybe this time would be different.