Episode 34

"Then I need to come to your place."

"To my place... For what purpose?"

"We need to solve these issues when together, please Oscar."

"Okay, if you've decided to come to Maseno, go to Otis' room and not mine. I think have given you time now to do whatever suits you best."

As if texting wasn't enough, Sweeney called again. I never found the reason to allow her back to my life. Something ran into my mind about the action she took to let Betty abort her pregnancy. I remembered she had to take Kshs 2,500 from me in the name of going to school to check some documents, only to use that money to abort Peter's baby.

Finding it rough for her to get her way back to me, she began to divert her attention to Otis. For the past two weeks, we had not been in good terms with him. However, one weekend I gained courage to face him with the issue.

"Otis, how are you doing?"

"Am fine Oscar. Long time. What has been happening?"

"Where and with what?"

"Am sorry. You are sounding harshly..."

"Don't worry, am okay."

"Fine, am loyal..."

"Now Otis," I began, he was on his phone probably browsing, "How are you related to Sweeney?"

Otis seemed to have been surprised. With his mouth wide open, he raised his head, put the phone on his bed and looked at me. He said, "Bro, what are you talking about? I only know Sweeney as your girlfriend and just a friend to me. What else?"

"I want you to be sincere to me, Otis. Tell me what's happening between the two of you. That's what am here for now. Otherwise..."

"Nothing. Sweeney is my friend... I knew her through you, so..."

"Okay. Are you two dating?"

"Ah, Oscar! You're worrying me with your wordings today..."

"Is telling me the truth difficult for you? We've been friends for long, but don't let this thing separate us."

"Okay, Oscar, am sorry. But let me tell you the truth; remember you were the one who gave me Sweeney's number when you were with her in your room because you were avoiding Betty that night. So after she had gone back to Moi, she texted asking me who I was. I told her am Otis, yeah...then it goes that way until she began to send me love messages and..."

"For how long has this been happening?"

"Since November...I think now it's about five months...but the thing is, she told me that she liked me. I was handsome and so, she fell in love with me."

"To mean you've been dating?"

"From then I told her that it was difficult for us to be together because she was with you. She insisted bro...I had to cheat her that am in love with her also."

"I'm disappointed with you for sure! I'm regretting why I had to introduce you to my girlfriend... I never knew you're this idio..."

"Wait, Oscar...what do you want to call me? I-what? Now listen, haven't told her that you've been playing her with Betty. And if you want me to do so, then I can also do it..."

"Just tell her... Do it even now when am still here!"

"Bro...you have Betty, a very beautiful and caring lady. You also want to take Sweeney, another beautiful, loving and caring young lady. What do you want your fellow men to date for you?"