4) waking up

Two months later ..

Dhalia's POV

My head it's pounding,  and I can't move. I just heard beeping. I try to open my eyes but the light its too bright.

"You're waking up"

I heard a voice, but I tried to open my eyes. But all I see are blurry images. I'm dead that's what my mind is telling me.

"Can you heard me?"

"Who are you? I'm dead? Where I'm ?"

"You're at St. Luke Hospital in New York. And I'm your doctor John Campbell.  You had a severe injury in your head, you can experience memory loss. Can you tell me your name?"

"Dhalia, Breeze"

"Very good Dhalia. Now you remembered the reason, why you're here?" He asks.

He looks at me his dark eyes studying me.

It takes a bit of time, to remember Erick and I coming from the restaurant, telling him about the baby. My breathing gets heavy and my heart feel like it's going hundred miles. My baby no, tears are running down my face. I touch my stomach and its flat.

That's when I start  shaking and screaming.

"No, no my baby.... "

"Dhalia you need to calm down, you just came out from a coma state."

"How are you telling to come down? I lost my baby. He didn't deserve to die and it's all my fault. No, no I won't calm down" I screamed, I sobbed " you don't know how useless I feel, I was so happy about my baby and now ...... He or she is gone" I cry even more.

"I never had kids before, I don't know what you might be going through but you have to make an effort, if you want to get better. I'm really sorry about your baby but it was too premature to survive an accident of that magnitude"

I still cry, he doesn't understand. It was my baby and Erick is going to be disappointed

"Where is my fiance?"

He stays quiet, and looks at me with sad eyes which could mean only one thing. Erick had died.

No this can't be happening to me, first my baby and now Erick. I screamed like someone was ripping my heart out. The tears were coming. Next thing I know was John putting something in the IV line that was attached to my left hand.

Within seconds, everything started slowing down, my tears stopped rolling down my cheeks and my eyelids started to drop. And I fall asleep.

-------------

I started to wake up, for the second time today. The room looks like a green house. Flowers everywhere, roses, tulips, calla, carnations and even peonies. Then I take a look of all the machines attached to my body. All the wires in my chest. I see the door open.

 I see the door open