Chapter 2

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°✤The✤ ✤Past✤°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

It was 7:15 am, when Melanie woke up. She sat straight on the bed and stared at herself in the mirror which was hanging right in front of her large queen sized bed.

Then she took a bath and changed her clothes. She wore a pair of jeans with a sweat shirt. She put on some makeup and style her hairs in a ponytail.

There was a knock on the door, she opened the door and found Duncan with a tray in his hands. The tray was full of delicious breakfast. Melanie smiled at him. "Thank you Mr.Duncan".

"No worries dear. I was making it for Daisy so I thought why not make something for you too". Said Duncan as he left. Duncan was very helpful towards Melanie. He thinks of her as his little sister. Because there was no one else in this Sorties building who cares about Melanie. Not even Daisy likes Melanie.

In her opinion, Duncan is mostly caring about Melanie and not his own wife. Even though Daisy is a good women and a wife but still she can be a little jealous. Melanie is a quiet, innocent, kind and caring girl.

She is only twenty years old and to support herself and also to spend her long tiring and boring day, she would work as a librarian in the city's most famous library. And is being home schooled after high school as she was not allowed to attend university for security purposes.

Melanie's relation with her dad is also not very friendly. Most of the time she doesn't even know where her father is. John hides his identity and is out in other countries pretty much all the time. To show his concern for his daughter he calls her once a week and sometimes twice.

As it was sunday, Melanie headed out of the building and called a cab. When the cab arrived, she went to her best friend's house.

------+++++-------+++++-------+++++------++++

"No call today?". Mia asked pouring some tea in Melanie's cup. "Sugar?".

"Sure but a little bit, And yes he didn't called this week as well". Melanie replied as she stirred her tea after adding sugar. "Sometimes I think he doesn't care about you at all". Mia stated taking a sip of her tea.

Melanie sighed. "Well, what can I say? He's actually doing this since forever so now I don't take it too seriously". Replied Melanie. "So...", Suddenly Mia's accent changed as she played with the cup's handle.

Melanie furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Are you coming to the party tonight?". Mia asked.

"Umm..Mia, You know I don't like parties and plus I'm not allowed to goto the parties. Dad says it can be dangerous for me to even step out of the building without any other gang member". Melanie replied as she took a sip from her cup. Mia frowned. "Why? I mean.. he doesn't have to know. And Milly stop pretending that you have never gone to the parties with me keeping a secret from your dad". She said with a frown.

"I just don't want to and I've got homework to do". Melanie replied. "You ditched me last time too, This time you have to come with me". Mia said.

"No Mia_", But she was interupted. "Ttt... No more words". She laughed. Melanie rolled her eyes and made an annoying face at Mia. They both giggled.

"I'll give you my dress so that you don't have to go home and change". Mia said finishing her tea. Melanie nodded.

They both spend whole day together, giggling, playing, reading and talking their hearts out. The time flew by quickly and it was time for the party.

Mia let Melanie chose from her wardrobe. After slipping into their dresses they did each other's makeup. They both got ready and looked stunning.

Melanie was wearing an appealing blue dress and a bewitching necklace which had some pretty blue stones sticked on it. Melanie was looking hot and innocent both at the same time.