Chapter 18

Friday, June 29th, 2012

Noon

I clumsily stumbled down the spiral stairs and landed on my feet, surprisingly, at the bottom. Justin was upstairs just making some business calls and still changing into his swimsuit. We decided to spend a day outside to relax for once, Justin took the day off just for us. He insisted that I answered the door because I guess he had a surprise for me. Before Justin, I hated every single surprise anybody gave me, but now, I kinda liked them. They were always great with Justin, unlike other peoples.

I gripped the doorknob and turned it slowly opening it to reveal a familiar face, “ARI!”

She extended her arms and we hugged and squealed and freaked out together.

“I can never repay Justin for all of these surprises he gives me.” I laughed as I pulled away.

“You don’t have to babe.” Justin said as he quickly descended the stairs.

Ari hugged him before I grabbed her hand and tugged her up the stairs, “I’ll show you your room.”

We walked into the guest room and she dropped her bags. She looked around in awe as most people did. I just laughed and plopped on the bed.

“Gosh, it’s like your dad’s house but better.” Ari laughed.

I rolled my eyes at her and she ventured out into the hall. I followed close behind her to see where she was going. I didn’t mind her exploring, there was nothing for me or Justin to hide. She found our room and explored it. I just laid on the bed and watched her with careful eyes. When she reached for the nightstand drawer with a smirk on her face I slapped her hand away and sat up.

“Ooh, someone’s hiding something.” She said deviously.

“No… but there is something that I probably should have told you a month ago…” I avoided her eye contact and she slapped my arm before she covered her mouth with her hands.

“No! You didn’t! OMG!” she freaked out.

“Calm down Ari, it’s no big deal-“

“You guys- and you- what was it like?” she asked astonished.

“What the hell?” I laughed, but we both knew that I was going to explain it, “It was so magical Ari! It just happened in the moment, you know? I couldn’t believe what was happening at the time but I didn’t push him away or anything.”

“Awe! I can’t wait to fall in love, it’s so cute. Have you told him that you love him yet?”

I ran through every memory of mine in my head. Oh… I hadn’t. “No, actually, neither of us has said it yet.”

“When you do, who’s the first person you’ll call?”

“The first person I will call will be Arianna.” I said in a monotone voice.

She laughed and wrapped her arms around me. I smiled and held her back, “Gosh, I love you.”

“I know you do.” She replied.

I rolled my eyes and we headed downstairs to find Justin at the front door greeting another person. Oh gosh, who else did he invite over tonight?

“Justin?” I asked as we neared the last steps.

He turned towards us and closed the door so that there was only a crack of light peaking in from outside. He had a smile on his face as he whispered outside and turned back towards us.