Chapter 5

So I decided that I should put dates of when this stuff is happening in the story so you guys know when this stuff is actually happening! :)

_____________________

Sunday, April 8th, 2012

10:00pm

I put my reading glasses on and my eyes followed my finger, scanning each page of the book. I had been cooped up in this house since Thursday and I hadn’t talked to Justin since then either. My dad had my phone locked somewhere and hidden well. I looked for it constantly when he was gone and surprisingly, my step-mom helped. She was on my side completely because she said that she had once been in my place. I was beginning to like her even more.

I grabbed my backpack and shoved my book back in there, along with all of my finished homework. It wasn’t that much seeing I only had one class with actual homework and that was French, the rest were electives. I set it down next to my bed and sighed. I hated homework and all of the stress that came with it. It wasn’t helping the fact that I was already upset. Justin probably hated me because it seemed like I was ignoring him. I laid back, took my glasses off and set them on my bedside table, and closed my eyes. Just as I got comfortable, I heard a light knock on my balcony doors. I hopped up quickly and strode towards it, my heart beating. I didn't usually get visitors at such a late hour. When I pulled back the curtains, I saw Justin standing there smiling weakly. His bangs were brushed down and he was wearing a t-shirt and jeans.

“Justin…” I whispered as I scrambled to unlock the door.

He grabbed me and held me in his arms immediately upon opening the door. I felt warmness when he touched me and the smell of his cologne filled the room. I didn’t even care if my dad found out that he was here, at least I got to see him again.

“Where have you been? I’ve been texting you like crazy.” Justin whispered as quietly as possible. I could barely make out his words myself he was unbelievably quiet.

“My dad has my phone and I’m grounded. I’m not supposed to see you again.” I said with a crack in my voice.

Even when I wasn’t with Justin, I was developing feelings for him. It was like every day I hadn't seen him, the more my feelings took over. 

Call me crazy, but I really liked him, and maybe he didn’t see it, but I didn’t care. As long as I got to see him, I was happy and content.

“Well that’s unfortunate, I really thought he’d like me.” Justin joked.

I smiled although I was more nervous than ever, having him here. I wiggled out of his hold and ran to my door, locking it and making sure my dad couldn’t just walk in. I turned back to see Justin taking off his shoes and tucking them under my bed. I laughed quietly and walked back towards him.

“How long are you expecting to stay?” I smirked.

“Well, as long as I can.” He smiled as he pulled me in and held me tight again.

I rested my head on his chest. I couldn’t believe how close we were seeing we met only 3 days ago, practically 4 now . The only thing that I didn’t like, was that I had no idea where we stood on what we were. Friends or more than friends? By the way he held me, I’d say more than friends, but I felt like that was wrong because it's so soon. I didn’t think he knew either, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask.

I pulled away slowly and with his hands still resting on my lower back, I spoke up, well whispered, “Justin, are we friends?”

He looked at me confusingly, “Of course we’re friends-“