Chapter 3

“Wait, you’re taking me home?” I asked as I saw him slow down.

“What?” He laughed. “I don’t know where you live, I’m going to my house.”

We took a left and turned into a driveway. This house was right across the street from mine, what a coincidence. The car parked in a garage and although the light shone through the windows, it was hard to make out who he was because of the tinted windows. He opened his door and stepped out, so I followed along and did the same. He walked around the car and opened the door and I followed behind like a lost puppy. He looked familiar from the back, but he was still unrecognizable. God dammit.

I stopped in the doorway and looked around. His house was just as big as mine which was no surprise, but it had this eerie feeling of emptiness. He slipped off his shoes and walked into a different room. I shook out of my little trance and quickly followed after him.

“Your house is so empty-“

My words extended longer than they should have when my eyes fell upon his reflection. Perfect jawline. Messy hair. Caramel brown eyes. Justin Bieber.

“Yeah, I just moved in less than a week ago and I haven’t bought any furniture or any of that stuff. Just a bed and all of my necessities to sleep here.”

I don’t think he realized that I just realized that he was Justin Bieber. Out of the 7 billion people in the world, it was Justin Bieber. I mouthed ‘Oh my God’ and he shook his head and laughed.

“You must not be a huge fan.” He said as he sipped from his glass.

“What?” I said without thinking.

He strode into the other room and grabbed a blanket. I watched his every move out of the corner of my eye, not sure what to do.

“Here.”

He wrapped his arms around me as he draped the blanket over my shoulders. I felt warmness and it honestly felt good. But I was still wrapping my head around the fact that this was Justin Bieber.

“I meant that because most of my fans know my voice, you didn’t. And now you’re still wrapping your head around the fact that I’m Justin Bieber, right?”

It was like he right my mind. He laughed and shook his head as he set his glass in the sink and leaned against the counter. My jaw was dropped at how amazed I was with him.

“I like your music, and I occasionally follow you in the news. But I didn’t know we were neighbors.”

“Me either, when’d you move in?”

“Last week, it’s a long story.”

“I’ve got time. Tell me a little about yourself. How’d you wind up in the middle of the street at midnight?” he laughed.

He motioned for me to come and we walked into a different room and sat down on couches. He seemed actually interested in what I was going to say. What was more surprising, was that he was so calm. I don’t know why.

“Let’s start with my dad.” I said

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12:30am

“So what you’re saying is that you snuck out to get away?” he asked.

“Just for a while. I didn’t exactly plan on running into you and end up across the street from my house.” I smiled weakly.

“You live across the street?” he asked.

“Yup. I really don’t want to go back, but I have to…”