3

It was rumored that the Hogwarts express was the first place to meet lifelong friends. And Lucy whole-heartedly believed that as she stepped aboard for the first time. She followed the four boys to a compartment where they must've been there on their first time as James had plopped himself down in such a way, Lucy held back a giggle.

"So, you're a first year here, yeah?" James asked, resting his chin on his hand and he stared at Lucy.

"Yes. I am." She affirmed, before shooting Sirius a dirty look when he tried to rest his legs on her lap.

"What house do you hope to be in?" Peter spoke up, having to be quiet for almost the duration of the five minutes they've been on the train.

"Hmm... If I had to pick, I'd want to be in Slytherin. I like the silver and green." She mumbled when she saw the apprehensive looks the boys gave her, well, not all of them. Just James and Sirius.

Peter nodded. "Well, we're all in Gryffindor." He gave her a smile. "If you do get picked for Slytherin, you're gonna want to get ready."

"Ready for what?" Lucy raised an eyebrow.

By his spot at the window from behind his book, Remus let out a sigh that sounded like "Here we go again".

"We can't tell you that, sorry." Sirius elbowed Peter before he could open his mouth again. Now Lucy was really curious.

A knock at the door of the compartment startled all of them, even Remus. The kids looked at the door to see a first-year by the looks of her. Noticing all of their attention, the girl opened the door hesitantly before peeping inside.

"I-Is Lucy Potter here?" She asked tentatively.

Lucy raised a hand, and gave her a warm smile. "Yeah, do you need something?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to hang out with us." The girl stated, shooting the boys a nasty look, especially aimed at Sirius and James. "Instead of these pranksters. They'll cause you nothing but trouble and a bad reputation."

Almost instantly, James and Sirius let out twin cries of protest. Remus peered over his book and gave the girl a dark glare. Peter said nothing.

"Oh believe me, I know." Lucy stood up. "I had to live with one of them for five years."

"Oh, poor you." The girl simpered. "C'mon, let's go meet the cool kids." She took Lucy by the arm and led her outside.

When they were out of earshot from the four boys, the girl exhaled audibly and turned to face Lucy.

"Sorry about that." The girl apologized. "I saw that Potter boy wanted to say something very rude and I wanted to save you from embarrassment."

"James? Oh, he's fine. Who're you by the way?" Lucy asked, quite curious.

"Me? I'm Hazel Oak. I'm a first year." Hazel smiled. "I promised the others I'd return. So come on."

Shaking her head, Lucy followed the other first year, determined to stay away from Sirius and his friends. They reached another compartment, this time with two boys and another girl. One of the boys stood up, recognizing Hazel from the way his eyes lit up.

"Hazelly." The boy exclaimed, then his eyes fell on Lucy. "Hey, there. I'm Aspen Wood. Third-year in Gryffindor. Also beater for the Quidditch team."

"He's also a Quidditch nerd." The other girl quipped, causing Aspen to chuckle. "He never stops talking about it."

"That's true." The boy said. "Even in his sleep he talks about Quidditch. I heard him myself." This boy had dark brown hair and a mysterious tint to his eyes. "Ariel Gryffindor, descendant of Godric Gryffindor himself. And we know who you are, Miss Potter."

Lucy stared at them all, raising her eyebrows at them in surprise. "Oh really. Who told you about me?" A sneaking suspicion crept up behind her, ready to pounce.

"Your darling Regulus." At that, the two boys chortled at Aspen's words. "He does not stop talking about you. He even rejected the most popular girl at school on Valentine's Day last year."

Lucy felt her face burn. Regulus talked about her? What did he say about her? So many questions ran through her head. But the boys didn't stop.

"Regulus couldn't stop talking about you and how awesome you were. In my opinion, it was getting really annoying." Aspen crossed his arms and stared at her. "I now realize how normal you are."

"Actually..." She started to say but Hazel rested a hand on her shoulder, glaring at the two boys.

"Enough." Hazel stared at them. "Aspen, if you want Quidditch next year, then stay on my good side. Or else I'll have Morgan cancel it. Morgan's the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain." She explained to Lucy. "Also my sis."

"Nice." Lucy smirked at the stunned look on Aspen's face.