5

"Who do you got first class?" Lucius asked the following morning, peering at Lucy's schedule over her shoulder.

"Bellamose. Herbology." Lucy frowned at it. "I suck at learning plants."

"Gonna have to get used to it, then." Lucius teased, grinning like a fox.

"Who do you got, Malfoy?" She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts." he sighed. "As if I don't know how to defend myself already."

A loud snort from James sounded as he passed them in the great hall. Lucius went to stand up and yell at him but Lucy pulled him back down and shook her head at him.

"We already lost fifty points from Lestrange lashing out against Sirius last night. Let's not make that a hundred." She whispered furiously.

Lucius frowned. "But he's so annoying."

"I'm sure he thinks the same about you, Malfoy." Regulus sat down on Lucy's left, eyeing her last piece of bacon which she promptly ate, crunching on it slowly on purpose. The boy let out a huff at her antics. "Really, Potter. Why would I want your bacon?"

"You were looking at it like you wanted to eat it, Black." Lucy replied, looking at the next class she had after Herbology. "Ooh, I got flying lessons with Hooch for second class."

"Nice one. Me too." Sirius had overheard her exclaim and he grinned at her before heading to the Gryffindor table.

Regulus groaned, shooting his brother a dirty look. Lucius snickered at him.

"When do you have Potions?" Severus questioned, looking at Lucy.

"Last period." She sighed. "It's better in morning periods. That's what Reg told me."

"It's true." Regulus shrugged. "I always found it better to focus on Potions during the morning when you got a lot of energy then being drained in the afternoon."

Severus sighed. "I have it last period too." He shot Lucy a faint smile. "I hope Slughorn pairs us together."

Lucy shrugged. "Let's hope for the best."

After breakfast, the group of Slytherins parted ways, giving each other little waves before heading to their first class. Lucius stuck to Lucy, as his class was on the same route as hers. The two Slytherin first years got a lot of suspicious looks although nobody called them out. Looks of curiosity were aimed at Lucy, as if they were thinking to themselves 'why was a Potter in Slytherin?'. She didn't dare say why. Throughout the day, the teachers often looked at her in the same way and one of them even asked why. But Lucy still didn't say anything.

In the days following, Lucy trusted her knowledge on the magical world and successfully received about two hundred points for Slytherin, gaining them first place for some time before Gryffindor began to catch up, getting them to back down to second place. Rumors went around she was a parseltongue, but she just really really loved snakes and animals in general. Regulus, Severus, and Lucius stuck by her side like four peas in a pod as teachers often referred to them. In classes, Potter and his gang did their worst to make her feel bad but Lucy didn't get that get her. Then, it came time for Christmas, the one holiday Lucy dreaded most.