Chapter 18: "Can" Live Without

It had been an hour since Jeremy and Trevor's argument, and both men were still pissed about it.

Jeremy was still downstairs in the living room pacing back and forth with his fists balled up to his sides. Trevor was shirtless in his room while listening to some music from Alexa and doing his daily push ups and sit ups,
"96...97...98...99...100...fuck-"

"-him," Jeremy said, as he was still pacing back and forth and mumbling angry things under his breath. "I didn't even do anything to-"

"-deserve this bullshit," Trevor said, as he had just got back up from the floor, grabbed his shirt, wiped his abs sweat with it, tossed it aside, and collected his jump rope from his bed.

Letting the middle part fall down to his feet and and stepping over it, Trevor took a deep breath, huffed, and continued on with his exercises.

"He wanna be mad?" He asked. "His ass can stay mad for all I care. I'm mad, too. I should go in his room and steal all of his fucking lube and condoms. I bet he won't be fucking nothing today unless he take his ass back to the store. Yeah, I should do that."

Trevor was laughing wickedly, nodding his head, and rubbing the jump rope handles between his hands like an evil mastermind in a Science lab before it all went away, as he just shook his head.

"Nah, I'm evil, but I ain't that damn evil," he said, honestly. "Regardless of how I feel about that punk, childish acting, superhero built ass, fine, chocolate nigga, he was my best friend before all this, so I'm just gonna keep my distance for the best. I don't need that type of energy with his toxic ass. I'm good."

"I don't need him," Jeremy said, angrily. "As a matter of fact, he can keep his ass up there for all I care. It ain't like I'ma miss him or nothing like that. I can live without him. Fuck, I've been doing it for the longest."

Then, Jeremy just stopped pacing, as his angered facial expression began to soften up. With Trevor still fresh on his mind, he became a broken record.

"Who the fuck am my black ass kidding?" He asked, as he chuckled and shook his head. "I can't live without that ugly ass, barbarian built ass, Adonis Creed, sexy, loveable l, peanut butter motherfucker. I don't care how mad I am at him, right now."

He sighed. Then, he thought back to their recent fallen out and his soften facial expression was immediately replaced with sorrow.

He knew he was wrong, and he felt bad for snapping at his best friend the way that he did. If anything, Trevor was right. What were they doing? He needed to make things right with him, and he needed to go apologize to Trevor, right away.

That's exactly what he was gonna do as he was halfway up the stairs but then...he heard this sound...

ding dong ❗which made him stop dead on the middle step.

Turning around, he heard it, again. Then, just like like the Cheshire cat and the Grinch, a smile quickly and largely spread across Jeremy's handsome face.

He already knew who was at the door, and it was about damn time. Turning to face the nonexistent camera, Jeremy still had that charming smile, as he lifted his eyebrows up and down twice.

"Maybe, I can live without him," he said with a wink and a smirk.

In nothing but pure happiness, Jeremy slid down the wooden stair railing until he landed on the floor and did a celebratory Michael Jackson spin. Then, he began waltzing to the imaginary music until he finally made it over to the front door. Checking the basics of his hygiene, such as making sure he had put on deodorant, he had on clean clothes, and his breath wasn't stinking, all that checked out, and he was good to go.