Chapter Seven • edited

Dace headed into Violet's room, Taint in his arms. Violet was lounging on her bed, laptop booted up and her eyes glued to the screen.

"Hey," she peeled her eyes from her screen and jumped up, taking Taint from his arms. "Where was she?" She asked, whilst cooing at Taint.

Dace had found Taint down in the kitchen, licking at a undone pot of cookie dough Ben and Jerry's ice cream. He'd picked her up, and she'd nuzzled against him sweetly.

"Eating ice cream," Dace laughed lightly, and Violet pulled Taint back down on the bed with her.

Dace wanted to say more, but couldn't bring himself to say it. He sighed and left the room, knowing he'd never have the courage to say what he wanted to: I like you. Besides, he knew if he did Tate would find out and kill him for a second time, and he had to admit, the first time was more than enough for him.

He had to stay away from her. She reminded him too much of Carly

"So, Dace-" Violet looked up, but Dace was gone.

Halfway down the hallway, Dace could hear distant sounds of music drifting from Violet's room, and he smiled.

Hayden was sat in the lounge when Dace entered.

"Hayden, right?" He questioned and she looked up at him, eyes analyzing his posture.

"That's me," she replied carefully and stood up. "In sorry for murdering you. But I had my reasons," she smirked a little, and sauntered past him as he stood frozen on the spot.

What reasons? He thought to himself.

"What do you mean?" He shouted after her, and Hayden turned, a malicious look on her face.

"I had to get back at Dr. Harmon. Obviously!" She sneered, "and I wanted to ruin Tate and his little bitch, Violet."

"What do you have against them?"

"Dr. Harmon ruined my life so now I'm ruining his."

***

"Do you want help, Moira?" Dace entered the kitchen where Moira was kneading a bread dough.

"Sure. Can you mix that stock up? Put in all the spices."

Dace filled the jug with hot water and the stock cube, and added lots of different herbs.

"Is that alright?" He asked and she nodded as she turned and took the jug from him, pouring it into a pan filled with vegetables and meat.

"What're you cooking?" Asked Dace, being nosy as usual.

"Stir fry," she replied, and carried on kneading the dough.

"Who for?"

"The Harmon's. Its almost Halloween so they need some family time to talk about what they're going to do for Halloween." She looked up at him, "you probably don't know this but on Halloween you can leave the house, although its the only time in the year, so use the day wisely."

***

There's so many things I want to do,thought Dace as he sat on the floor of the cellar.

Do I see my parents, or will that freak them out?  They're probably still in mourning.Do I visit my friendsIts so difficult....

"I swear you're always here!" Noted Tate as he sat down beside Dace.

"I could say the same about you," retorted Dace, who sighed mournfully, "so what are you doing on Halloween?"

"I might go to the beach, or visit Constance," replies Tate.

He wasn't as scared of the students he murdered now, and in facet he was even hoping he would see them on Halloween so he could talk to them and get some closure. He was also starting to warm to Constance, and was hoping to see his son, as Constance had never brought him to the murder house before, saying it was 'too dangerous'

"What about you?" Added Tate.

"I don't know," Dace murmured, "I just don't know."