𝔉𝔲𝔫𝔫𝔶~Part 10

'When your heart is broken, you plant seeds in the cracks and you pray for rain.' - Andrea Gibson

     Evie grabbed me by the hand and eagerly started pulling me with her somewhere

Evie grabbed me by the hand and eagerly started pulling me with her somewhere. I followed behind like a lost puppy. I looked down at my nails painted a glittery ombré white faded into a light and toasty brown color. They reminded me a lot of when I was a kid and my dad would take my bother and I to roast marshmallows over an open fire. The warm embers would float around us as we made s'mores and talked about our days.

Those were the times I missed the absolute most. If I could go back in time I would. So I could fix all the mistakes.

I would've picked my brother up from school that day, and call my father asking for a visit. I would erase everything bad that had happened.

The thing that keeps me happy right now is knowing that when one door closes another one opens, and maybe.. just maybe somebody special will come into my life soon enough.

I was thrown out of my sorrowful trance as Evie shrieked at the top of her lungs to catch my attention. "Jesus Christ Evie.." I mumbled. She laughed a little at the reaction she received from me. "I know you've only known me for a day Emma, but this is the kind of thing you'll have to learn to expect." She winked then dragged me into a house. I guess I hadn't taken in my surroundings much until I realized it was the Curtis house.

I quirked an eyebrow as I looked around and caught the eyes of Sodapop. "Oh hey there Emma, haven't seen you in awhile." He said as he gave me a movie star smile. "Hey soda." I nod toward him.

Evie looked at me funny for a second,"You know Soda?" I looked away from soda and back to her,"Oh, yeah met everyone a few weeks ago." She glared at Soda. "And why wasn't I introduced?" She questioned, crossing her arms. "Sorry Ev, slipped our minds." Soda replied as everyone nodded their heads.

I took this time to scan the room and saw Dallas standing by Darry's armchair, leaned against the wall smoking. He looked over at me and his cold brown eyes met my soft blue ones. He sauntered over to me grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the house onto the porch.

I just barely caught a glimpse of everyone's shocked expressions as I was being dragged.

He let go of me and positioned me across from him. "What is it, Winston?" I rolled my eyes.

     He stomped is cigarette out into the grass and returned his gaze to mine. "I'm sorry kid." He sighed heavily. "Don't call me kid." I scrunched you my face. "It's weird, how old are you anyways?" He smirked a little at me before replying,"17, what about you? KID." He emphasized.

     "16." I responded, glaring daggers at him. "Anyways, I don't say sorry often man, so you better take the apology." He huffs.

     "Why should I." I huff, mocking him. "Because." He starts, placing his hand under my chin and lifting it up to look him in the eyes— him being considerably taller than me. "I know your obsessed with me." He chuckles.

     I strangely took notice that his breath smelled like cigarettes and mint toothpaste.

     "Funny." I giggled in response. He just smirked at me.

     "You really think that?" I questioned with a sarcastic smile. He leaned close to my face again before responding,"I don't think that."

     "I know that. Don't think I don't see right through you. You think about me every night before you go to sleep, every morning when you wake up, and all throughout the day." He chuckled again, cockily.

     I just rolled my eyes in response.

     "And, you're going to tell me what's wrong because I know your upset about something too." He shrugged plucking another cigarette from the pack in the back pocket of his jeans.

     "I won't even fight it this time." I sigh as he smirks at me again.

     "My dad is dead." I state simply before walking away from him back into the house. Leaving him standing there, stunned.

      I couldn't help but giggle at the work I'd done as I plopped down onto the couch next to Soda. He ran his fingers through my hair as I laughed at him.

     "Why are you laughing?" He questioned with a fake hurt expression. "I don't know. Your just funny." I laugh as Dallas walks in the door. Staring at me.

     He glares slightly at Soda before walking into the kitchen to get a beer.

     (Not reading before posting)