𝔏𝔬𝔫𝔤 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔱~ Part 11

"How foolish I feel for thinking you cared." - Komal Kapoor

     Seeing the way he looked at Soda made me think for a split second maybe he felt something towards me

Seeing the way he looked at Soda made me think for a split second maybe he felt something towards me.. maybe he was jealous. It just seemed impossible. I know I've said this a lot but.. he's Dallas Winston.

Part of me wants to know if maybe there is something there, or if there ever could be.

But, the other part of me is terrified or getting hurt. My father hasn't slipped my mind either. The fact that he was murdered and they haven't even caught the person who had done it was eating me alive.

If I felt peace for just a second it was demolished by the paralyzing doubts and thoughts crossing my mind.

I decided I'd try to talk to Dally if it might make me feel a little more at ease. I already had enough worries piling up, I needed to get this out of my head. As I neared the opening to the kitchen I was yanked out onto the porch, without even looking I knew it was Evie.

     She closed the front door and looked at me with excitement dancing around in her eyes. I think she could sense my confusions because she let go of my arm and opened her mouth to speak.

     "I think Dally has a thing for you. Might seem like a longshot but I haven't seen him act like that before." She grinned.

     "What do you mean..?" I questioned, crossing my arms. "You know exactly what I mean Emma." She rolls her eyes before continuing,"I saw the way he glared at soda." I closed my eyes and exhaled,"I haven't even known the boy for that long, and I sure as hell don't think he will let anyone tie him down." I argue.

     She raises an eyebrow before smiling more,"but you didn't say anything about YOU not liking HIM." "Evie.." I begin, only to be cut off,"oh my god. Maybe I had it twisted. Your the one who has a thing for DALLAS." She laughs a little before just walking inside, leaving me there with an unamused expression planted on my face.

      Dallas stepped outside about a minute later. "Hey there doll." He smirked at me. "What's with the face?" He poked at my cheek.

     "Oh fuck off Winston." I spat, smacking his hand away.

     "Ouch doll, that hurt." He said, dramatically putting his hand over his heart. "Good." I rolled my eyes and sat down on the front step, only to have him sit right next to me.

     "What do you want?" I sigh, putting my face in my hands. "You" Dallas smirked again, pressing a cigarette to his lips. "Ha-ha. Your sooo funny." I retort. "Oh I know I am." He jokes, the cigarette being held lightly between his two rows of pearly white teeth.

"The boys are all going to the drive-in tomorrow. You wanna join?" He questions, looking out at the now setting sun with a confused look. "Why do you look so baffled?" I ask, crossing my arms.

He look over at me, his eyes going cold. "I just don't get it." I cock an eyebrow at these words,"what don't you get?"

"Don't get why pony loves these sunsets and shit so much man." Dally huffs in slight defeat.

"It's real relaxing, sort of sets you at peace." I smile a little looking out at the array of orange, pink, and purple mixing in the clouds.

He chuckles a little and looks out where I'm looking. "Just a bunch of colors smushed together if you ask me."

"That's because you dont actually look." I sigh.

He raises an eyebrow without looking at me.

"You don't look for anything good Dallas. You just see the entire world as one big jail cell." I say, frowning slightly while still looking at the horizon.

"I just see the world how it is doll." He laughs lightly at my words. I stand up, dusting off my clothes and look him in the eyes. "Whatever you say Tucker." I wink at him and start walking on the sidewalk.

"Tell Evie I went home!" I shout towards him. "Ay, you never answered the movie question!" He yelled back and stood up from the step he was on with a sour expression from the name I just called him.

I just laughed and kept walking.

I don't know if I could go to the drive-in tomorrow. I just had a lot of things running though my mind right now.

I was desperately waiting for any word from the police about my father because now, I needed closure to move on. To be at peace and try to keep moving forward with myself. It really was hard sometimes. Getting out of bed seemed like a chore.

But in the end, you need to think about yourself. Try, try for yourself.

I sighed and unlocked the door to my house. I stepped in, carefully trying not to make any noise with my heeled boots on the wooden floor.

"You get a call, bitch?" An all too familiar voice questioned from behind me.

I turned to face her with tears welling up in my eyes. "About my dead father?" I laugh dry and lifelessly.

"Yeah, sure was such a relief to hear about that. The man was such a nuisance anyway. Only downside to him dying is we don't have unlimited money anymore. So if you want to continue having a place to live I suggest you get a job." She smiles sarcastically, and gives me an elbow to the ribs before walking upstairs to her bedroom.

Getting a Job? I guess that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I had never worked before, only because my dad provided enough money for us from California. Now that he's gone I guess things really are changing.

I walk upstairs with tears spilling down my cheeks and slam my bedroom door, locking it behind me.

I quickly took a shower and threw some pajamas together, putting my hair into a loose bun.

I stayed up reading for about an hour until I heard something.

Not a frighting noise, but a startling one at that.

The ring of a phone. My phone.

(Not reading before posting)