Chapter Twenty-Eight

"I'm so stuffed." Mallory groans while patting her stomach.

    "Me too, although I don't regret eating all of that," Johnson grins, "It was delicious." He says to my dad.

    "It was better than delicious it was-" Before Gilinsky can finish his sentence his phone starts to ring. I watch him slide it out of his pocket, his face going blank as he reads his screen.

    "Is everything okay?" I ask, worriedly

    "Yeah, yeah." He tells me, forcing a smile. Just like the one Sammy gave me before he left. "I just have to be somewhere, I'm sorry." Leaning down, he gives me a sloppy kiss, then makes his way out my front door after saying goodbye to everyone else.

    "Do you know where he's going?" I question my other two friends. Did he have anything to do with where Sam was? Is he okay? Is Gilinsky okay? What even happened to make him have to leave so early?

    Johnson and Mallory's eyes find each other then look away, but no words are exchanged, just shrugs. They obviously knew something was up but weren't telling me. Why wouldn't they tell me?

    Annoyed at their responses, I stand up out of my seat, "I'm going to call, Sammy..." I lean over and give Dad a kiss on the cheek, thanking him for dinner, then prance up the stairs

    When in my room, I flop down onto my bed and think about how it felt to have Gilinsky's lips on mine. The kiss he gave me before he left was unexpected but it was nice. I still can't help but think about what we even are. Not wanting to think about it anymore, I pull out my phone to call Sammy.

    He doesn't pick up the first call, so I try texting him instead.

Are you okay? Can we talk?

I'm sort of busy...

With what

I'm with a girl

Who? I didn't know you had a girlfriend

I don't

Then who is she lol

Don't worry about it, Mar, go hang out with your boyfriend

Idek if we're dating or not

He hasn't asked you out yet?

No...but we kiss and stuff

    I guess I really didn't have to mention that to him.

Oh okay

Okay...

I'll talk to you later, like I said before I'm busy

Talk to you later then.

    What the heck was that? Why was he acting so weird. I groan loudly and throw my phone under my pillow.

    So instead of having dinner with me, Mallory, and the other guys, Sam was hanging out with a girl? Why didn't he just say he had other plans? Why is he being so complicated? I mean I get that he's the kind of guy who hooks up and doesn't date, but why would he just bail on us like that for a random girl he doesn't even have feelings for? Or did he have feelings for her? I wish he was easier to read.

    I also wish Gilinsky was easier to read. Is it bad that he hasn't specified if we are in an actual relationship or not? Everything is just so confusing right now. I want things with us to just be like how things are with Mallory and Johnson, but I guess that's asking too much.

    The laughter I head downstairs causes me to sigh. I decide to stop sulking and get out of bed to go back to the kitchen. I know Dad is comfortable with Johnson and vise versa but it's rude to just leave them. I'm just going go have to suck it up for right now.

    Maybe I'll head to Sammy's later to see what's up, and then go to Gilinsky's to see how he's doing. I'm sure everything will just work out itself like it alway does...or sometimes does.

_____________________________________________________________________________

OKAY BEFORE U SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BEING A SHORT CHAPTER AGAIN AND IT BEING SUCKY OR HAVING BAD GRAMMAR IM WRITING THIS ON MY IPOD SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME.
also I'm supposed to be in the shower right now but I'm sneaking in a quick chapter so you guys have an update. anyway thanks for reading and chapter twenty-nine will be out soon! don't forget to Vote if you'd like and leave your suggestions and advice in the comments. much love - gilinskyshigh