7. Some Good Cuddles- Revised

(3304 words)

Mullet let me stay with Shiro. The most untrusting, anger led, hard-headed male I have ever met let me stay with someone he has hated since day one. There had to be something deeper than him just wanting to clean by himself.

I participated in the mess, there was no reason for me to be excluded in the clean-up yet he insisted that I didn't help. It wasn't like him. We always cleaned together, mostly out of anger, but still together. And now I was following Shiro to an unknown location as he cleaned a mansion on his own, I felt terrible. I should be helping.

I shook my head and glanced at the male in-front of me, the taller's stance quite relaxed. He didn't seem like the type of guy to stay angry for long, or to hold many grudges, but I wasn't sure. He had a trusting vibe around him, yet untrusting at the same time.

Keith always said to look out for the nice ones, knowing first-hand that nice doesn't mean good. But Shiro seemed different somehow. I feel like if we were to have met on better circumstances, maybe at the coffee shop or just walking on the street, we would be good friends. But we didn't meet that way, and now I was left to question his every move just like Keith had told me to, just like my own brain told me to.

"Here, we'll stay in here until he's done cleaning." His tone was soft, drawing my eyes up at him for a second before they were on the space behind him. It was an open door, something I would consider secret since it seemed as though it blended into the wall.

I kept my eyes ahead of me as I passed, not speaking and not daring a glance. I can't draw attention. The room was basically a game room, all the latest consoles and computer systems, some older versions hanging around as well. I could feel myself get giddy from just the view, videogames always having a special place in heart.

I could game for countless hours without stopping. I switched games hours after playing and sometimes I didn't, though Keith would stay in the room with me every time, deciding to read a book. He was such a book worm, but he always made sure I ate and slept when I needed to, and for that I appreciated it. I still remember when he had to physically drag me away from the screen.

Without thinking I went towards the Playstation5, needing to see what games he had and if I could beat any of them before Keith came back. "I guess you like videogames." I heard him say with a chuckle, though I instinctively tensed up, the controller in my hand going back down slowly. From the anger he had earlier, I wasn't sure if it had passed, and not asking before using it could have reignited it. "No, no, you're fine. Please, play anything you like."

I glanced at him to try and gage his true emotion, but couldn't seem to get anything hostile. I eased up some and grabbed the controller again, the smile on my face coming back. I stepped back until I hit the bean bag chair, hearing the satisfying crunch of the tiny balls. Shiro had already sat down on the... bean bag couch? And had his eyes focused on me.

I switched from game to game, most not beatable or at least in the time frame that I had. I would need to come back here eventually. The last game I ended on was FIFA 21, a soccer game for those who didn't know. I guess I don't help the stereotypes about Hispanics liking soccer to an unhealthy degree.

Videogames were one of the things I was most passionate about, which also included my anger. It was easy for me to get upset at a game, knowing that half the time it was my fault but feeling like it wasn't. Like now, I had accidently passed the ball to the wrong player, yet I was getting mad at the fake person. He was covered in defenders with no way to pass the ball again, resulting in him losing it. "Fucking hell! Go to the right you motherfucker! He is right- HE IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU FUCKING DICKWEED! You're a fucking cunt. Por eso Brasil es mejor, pedazo de mierda!" My voice strained slightly as I threw the controller on the carpeted ground, my hands going to my hair so I could pull at it slightly. Just one goal was all we needed and it got fucked up.