Chapter 9

Samuel, Kyle and I drove to his parent's house. I was nervous. What if  his parents hate me? What if they think I'm a gold digger? Oh God I need your help.

   The car pulled into the big estate. His parents house was even bigger than his own. I felt like I got transported to heaven. It was the most spectacular building I've ever seen.

    We alighted the car and entered the enormous house.

      A woman in her early fifties stood at the door with a smile on her face.

  " Honey, they have arrived . " she called loudly.

    Samuel gave her a hug.

  " I missed you so much mom. "

   " Oh my child. I've missed you too. Look at you, you've gotten so slim. "

  " Oh come on mom, you say this everytime I come visit. " he protested.

   " Because that's the truth. "

   The man I assumed was her husband came down the stairs.

    " Good evening Dad. " Samuel greeted .

   " Good evening Sir. " I greeted

   " Wow, she's so beautiful Sam, why didn't you tell us you were marrying a goddess?"

   " I'm getting jealous here. " his wife said which earned a laugh from him.

      " No one can ever compare to you darling. "

   " Please come in. You're welcome. "

   " Wait! Is this my grandson? " his mom inquired.

    "Yes mom. "

   She glared at him.

   " How dare you Sam, why didn't you tell me you had a son. I'm your mom, you're supposed to tell me these things. Give him to me dear. " she took him from me.

   " I'm sorry mom, I wanted it to be a surprise. "

    " Kim and I wanted to wait till after our wedding to inform you.”

   She turned to me.

   " Is this true dear? " his mother asked.

   " Yes Mrs blackwood, I'm so sorry. I just didn't think you would accept us. I was scared. I'm so sorry Mrs blackwood. "

    " I understand but it was wrong of you to not tell me this Samuel, he's my grandson. I'm supposed to know everything about him. "

   " I already apologized mom, what else do you want me to do? " Samuel asked running his hand through his hair.

   " I want the both of you to have another wedding. A church wedding. I'll be in charge of planning everything. " his mom suggested with a smile on her face.

    " We're already married mom, "

   " But the society doesn't know that son.  I want you two to have the best wedding ever. "

   " Fine mom, whatever you say, where's Cyrus and Matilda? " He inquired. 

   " Matilda will be down in a minute. Cyrus is running late. You've met Cyrus haven't you? He was at your wedding. "  His mother asked.

   " Yes, Mrs blackwood. I've met him. "

    I remembered Cyrus. He looked just like Samuel. Except he had brown hair and was slightly shorter than Samuel.

   " Please call me Mandy and make yourself at home Kim. Dinner will be served soon. " his mother said with a smile on her face.