Winter, Again

We had reached the top of the mountain, and the snow gave a satisfying crunch as they landed. You sure don't get that when you land in the SandWing Kingdom, huh Qibli? Winter immediately cleared that thought when he remembered that Lynx had something urgent to talk about. It wasn't like her, to be this, this frustrated. They both settled down onto the stones and Winter, in a swift motion, caught a lost polar bear cub in his talon. He didn't kill it of course, and Lynx noticed. He just gently placed it a few meters away from it's mother, and he could almost hear his father's disappointment. "You should've killed it. That's why you'll never be like Hailstorm. Your too compassionate, in other words, weak." 

(I know dragons don't know what meters are but, what else do I write?)

"So, what's up?" Winter said, now looking at Lynx.

Lynx sighed softly and said, "Do you know, arranged mating?"

(I tried to come up with something close to arranged marriage, don't judge me. I'm sensitive😭)

"What?" Winter said, because you could barely hear her.

"Arranged Mating, when your parents choose your mate?" Lynx said digging her claws into the smooth stone underneath her.

"Yeah, I know that. I think Aunt Glacier had one. Turns out her husband must've f*cked up bad because father never let me ask her or Snowfall about him. I didn't even learn his name! Why do you ask? Is Snowfall getting one! Ooh, that is something I could torture her about." 

"No, I am." Lynx said staring into his eyes.

Winter shut up, and he stayed that way for a while. He rest his tail on hers in a comforting way and said in a more sympathetic way, not that Winter was good at these, "Do you want this? Do you like him?" 

"I guess, he's cocky though. Like if I were marrying Snowfall but 10 times worse because she is a boy."

"Rude!" Winter said trying to lighten up the moment. "But I guess that means you don't like him. I mean, is there a  way to stop it? You are gonna spend the rest of your life with that dragon."

"There is, if I find someone I do like. Then my parents won't be worried about finding me a mate. Believe me, I tried to tell them to stop."

"Ok, then all we need to do is find someone!" Winter said jumping up happily, "now my best friend won't be a depressed mess!" And he immediately propelled himself up on the air, cold wind and snow surrounding him. 

Lynx smiled, he could be such an idiot sometimes.