~Chapter 7~

Sooner rather than later, Kenma was presented with a full spread. Eggs with furikake were the main dish with sides of miso soup and rice with a glass of water to top it off. Kuroo sat in front of Kenma, a towel thrown across his shoulder, with an expectant look on his face.
"I know it looks delicious but try to eat slowly. Your body needs time to get used to the food," Kenma nodded slightly as Kuroo's words of warning. Kenma started with the soup because it seemed like the best thing for his stomach to start with. Once he finished that he moved onto the rice, then finally the egg. Kenma was more than surprised at the flavors of the food. It was the best meal he'd had in a long time. Considering that in his past relationship neither he nor Hinata could cook so it was always either ramen noodles, mac and cheese or take out. Kenma was grateful for Kuroo's effort to make this for him. Kenma thanked him for the food and felt a rush of energy.
Probably from the food Kenma reasoned with himself. He was able to stand up and now walk on his own. The bleach-blond male followed Kuroo up the stairs and back into his room. They arrived back upstairs and Kenma fell into Kuroo's desk chair. Kenma found a pen on Kuroo's desk and started to doodle on his forearm. Kuroo watched him draw and blow a stray strand of hair out of his face.
That was so cute. How can he be that adorable? God, I want to make you mine so bad. If you'd been awake that night times like this would be so much easier. Kuroo couldn't help but stare at the focused little kitten in front of him. So much so that he didn't realize how Kenmas eyes flicked up and saw him staring. Kenmas ears and tip of his nose turned red in embarrassment. Kenma looked up and Kuroo quickly recovered from his trance-like state and waved at Kenma as if he wasn't sitting 10 feet away from him. Kenma smiled at the action and waved back.
"You have a really pretty smile," Kuroo's eyes widened before he could even process what he had just said. He didn't really just say that, did he? He did. Holy shit, he did! "Uhh! Sorry! I didn't mean to sa-say that-"
           "Yours is pretty too. Way prettier than mine," Kenma interrupted the clearly discombobulated older teen. Kuroo just stared at Kenma. He couldn't do anything else. He was surprised, to say the very least. His crush had just told him he had a pretty smile and accepted the fact that Kuroo thought he had a pretty smile. Kuroo was so happy with the scene that just took place, they continued to just sit there in silence till Kenma had a thought.
           I haven't been on my phone for a while. Where is it?
           "Hey 'Roo, have you seen my phone? I should charge it," Kenma looked up from his owl doodle.
           "Yea I remember bringing it here. I think it's on the hall table by the front door. I have a charger you can use," Kuroo offered.
           "Thanks," Kenma said as he exited the room to search for his phone. Kuroo felt a strange nagging begin in the back of his head. Was something wrong? Was he forgetting something?

           Oh no...