Homefront

A/N. Yellow, True Believers, it is I, the author, back with another chapter. I have an important note to share at the end, please read it. Other than that, enjoy the story and remember I own none of the characters.

New York City

"Alright Peter, what are you trying to show me?" Jessica asked, being lead by her brother who had his hands over her eyes. After her undercover mission, Jessica had decided to cut her hair in hopes that the blonde would take less time fade. She was now sporting a pixie cut along with an undercut.

"Just be patient for a few more moments" Peter rolled his eyes, as he continued to lead his sister through the Parlour. "It'll be ready in just a sec, can I trust you to keep your eyes closed?"

"Yes Peter," she sighed, "You can trust me to keep my eyes closed." Feeling his hands leave her face, Jess kept her eyes closed, "There, see? My eyes are still closed. Now hurry up, I want to see what this surprise is already."

"Yeah, yeah. Just one... more... second." Peter said, as Jessica heard the clacking of keys before the sound of hydraulics lifting something caught her attention. "Okay, you can open your eyes now."

Doing so, Jessica saw a new suit, for Peter. It looked like an athletic suit, being predominantly blue, the classic red with black webbing was broken into sections and seemed to be thicker than the blue areas. The red sections were on the side of the feet, the outside of the thighs, a belt, one starting at the abdominals all the way up to the mask. As well as sections on the shoulders, forearms and hands. The other interesting part of the new suit was the large white spider on the front, and the white section on the knuckles, back of the hands, forearms, and heels. There was also another large spider of different design on the back. All the white sections on the suit appeared to be made of harder flexible plastic.

"Umm, it looks great and all Peter." Jessica said, raising her eyebrow, "But I thought this was a surprise for me? This suit is for you."

"Oh, your right." Looking over at the suit, before he pressed a button beside him. "This one is for you." Peter said.

Jessica's eyes widened looking at the suit rising from the floor, and Peter smiled at the look on his sisters face. It looked like a flight suit and was almost completely red. The boots went up to the top of the calf and were black, and was also sporting black kneepads black shoulder sections, and black gloves that went all the way up the forearm and had white fingers. The suit had the same white spider that was on her brothers suit on the front. Lastly the mask, the bottom half was black, went up over the nose and looked like it was made out some kind of metal, and was sporting opaque white lenses.

Jessica walked slowly up to the suit and began to feel it, "Oh my god. Peter! This is amazing!"

"So I take it that you like it?"

Jessica scoffed, "Like it? I love it! When did you start building this?"

"I started mine after I got stabbed by that crazy lady, and it's been a couple weeks since I started yours," Peter started, "But why don't you try it on and then I'll finish my explanation."

A few minutes later, Jessica was suited up, sans mask. "So, the suit is made out of a Kevlar bi-weave, designed to stop bullet grazes and knife slashes while still allowing maximum flexibility. It won't stop a straight shot or stab, but it's a lot sturdier than your old one." Peter explained, "My suit is made up of the same stuff. The white sections on mine and the spider on yours are made of carbon fiber, and according to some new research, the high contrast is supposed to lead to slower visual perception. So that should hopefully give us an advantage in fights."