~{ Chapter 1 }~

~{ Sunday, 16:49 }~

~Y/n's POV~

All my stuff had been packed. I was heading to one of the top private boarding high schools. It was relatively new. There was only one generation that became alumnu. I was fortunately accepted to this school with my slightly low grades and the economic condition of my family. Only 60 students were admitted each year. I was grateful to be one of them. Sadly, none of my friends made it. The thought of starting high school made me anxious during the weeks of preparation before heading there, a new life experience.

The car stopped at the gate entrance. I was stunned by how big the school was. It was giving off a modern vibe. It was bigger than I had seen on screen. My mom turned around and looked at me with a comforting smile,

"So? Are you excited?" she asked. I looked at her and back at the building, "Yeah, kinda. I'm just really nervous."

"I'm sure you can do it. It's your dream," I just stayed silent, admiring the beautiful school. My mom touched my shoulder and slightly massaged it, "Be a good kid for me, okay? Don't make trouble. It's not easy to get into this school."

"Okay, I love you." I opened my arms and gave her a quick embrace. She hugged me back, "I love you too. Good luck with school." I let go and got out of the car while wearing my backpack. I went to the trunk and grabbed my luggage. I closed the trunk door. I pulled my luggage to the sidewalk and waved my hand to my mum. I watched the car drive away from the gate.

The students around me were also getting dropped off, 'No wonder people like this school,' I thought after taking a closer look at the school. My head was empty, too busy admiring the school. Out of nowhere, a senior approached me, "Hello there!"

"Ah, hello," I smiled back at the person.

"I'm Mars! I'm a senior and my pronouns are they/he. I'll be helping you to put your stuff in your dorm! May I have your name?"

"Oh, I'm Y/n L/n. My pronouns are (pronouns)," I smiled at him. They looked at their phone and looked through a list of new students with their dorm numbers,

"So, Y/n. Your dorm will be on the second floor in dorm 18. Here, let me help you with your stuff." I nodded as Mars gladly helped me carry my handbag. We both went to the building on the left which was the student dormitory since the other freshman were also heading there.

We stepped inside the dorm building. I looked at my surroundings and saw some of the new students were already in their dorms. There were a couple of drinking fountains on the wall. I tried to catch up because Mars was already on the staircase. They helped me carry my luggage up the stairs.

I was nervous about meeting my new dormmates. It was tiring to carry items up the stairs, but I was glad Mars helped me. Once we reached the the second floor, we went to the dorm that he mentioned before, "Another new student will be with you too, her name is Chloe. You also will be with a senior named Anna and a sophomore named Lyssa. They both will help you if you need any help." I nodded,

"I see. Thank you for the help." They smiled as they went back downstairs, probably heading back to the front gate again.

I started looking inside the dorm. The size of it was perfect for me. When you entered, you would see a door to the bathroom on your right. The bathroom was connected to a closet room with a door that could only be locked from the bathroom. There were two doors in the closet room, one was a sliding door that could only be locked from inside the closet room, while the other was a door that connected to the bathroom.

There were four closets with shelves and dressers in the closet room. I went outside the closet room through the sliding door and went to the main room where there were two bunk beds with curtains for each bed for more privacy, four desks with chairs, a mini-fridge, two bean bags, and other decorations. No one was in the dorm, only me, though I ignored it and started putting away my stuff. I was sure they'd be back pretty soon.