Chapter one

Scarlets pov

Scarlets' point of view

My eyes flutter open and I let out a loud groan. My vision was as fuzzy as ever, and I rubbed my eyes in an attempt to correct my eyesight. What the hell happened?

Once I could see clearly, I found myself in the middle of the street, laying down on the floor. What am I doing here? Where even am I?

As I stood up groggy, I looked around, perplexed. Mystic Falls was the name of this hell. These dreadful streets were familiar to me no matter where I went. After all, it was where I was born and raised.
But it's empty. And it gets weirder. There's no one here.
What happened to everyone? Was this some sort of sick joke?
Caroline. Where is she?
She was the reason I had wanted to come back to this hellhole, to begin with. I flew all the way over here from New Orleans only for this place to be empty. Great, just my luck.

I grimaced in horror as I examined my attire. My entire outfit was caked in dirt. I try to get rid of it by patting down my body, but I couldn't. Whatever, it's not like there's anyone here to witness this.

I roll my eyes and voice my thoughts, "Fucking hell, I'm not even going to bother."

I go around the deserted town, looking for a store where I may compel myself a decent outfit.
My steps come to a halt at the realization. Was the whole place empty anyways? There was no person currently in sight but there was no possible way the whole town was actually empty. Is there anyone even here at all?

"Great; I'm the only fucking person here," I sarcastically remark, scrunching my nose.

How incredible is it that I'm already talking to myself? It won't take long for me to go insane.

As I go back to walking and looking for some sort of commotion, I find myself tripping over what seems to be a piece of paper.

I hit the floor with a thud and groan out, "Oh my god! like my outfit isn't trash as it is right now!"

Carefully, I stood up and examined the nefarious item. It was a newspaper, to be precise. I found myself scanning the newspaper quickly, hoping for there to be some sort of explanation.

Once I read the date my jaw drops. If my heart was still working it would've stopped.
The date was May 10, 1994.
That can't posit be real? This is some sort of sick joke, isn't it?
Is it possible that I've traveled across time?
I'm not sure why it's 1994. As if this shit hole couldn't get any worse. I tore the paper to tears in fury without bothering to read the rest of it.

"Woah, woah, woah," a voice calls out making me drop the shreds of paper on the floor in surprise, "You know there could've been something important in there!"
What the fuck was that? Was there someone there? I immediately turn around and try to look for whoever was talking to me.  Have I gone crazy already? Because there seems to be no one in sight.

"Who the fuck is here!" I yell out, i was not in the mood to be messed with. As i was about to yell out again, i feel something hard hitting me from the back of my head, causing my vision goes black

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a sigh, my eyes flutter open. As i was about to move i noticed where and how i was seated. Here i was bound to a chair with chain.
Chains, fucking chains.

"Hello there," I looked up to see a tall brunet stood in front of me.

He was tall and slender, with broad shoulders and a slim physique. With his baby face, I'd assume he was innocent, but his dark blue eyes appeared to be insane.

"Who the hell are you?" I scream out a demand, which isn't ideal for me given that I'm shackled to a chair.

"Woah, you took the words right out of my mouth; I was about to ask you the same thing." He feigned surprise by widening his eyes.
Stupid crap.