Chapter nine

Scarlets pov

"I love your cupcakes" Elena smiles with a mouthful of them.

"they taste good" Damon agrees.

We were at the Salvatore boarding house acting as if we own normal teenage lives.

"Ooh yum cupcakes." Kai comes in out of no where and takes the one in my hand as I pout glaring at him.
"Twat." I mutter, he just rolls his eyes ignoring me.

"What are you doing here?" Damon asks disturbed by his presence.

"Funniest thing," Kai starts, "I need your help." That's a first.

" I want you guys to give this letter to jo" he says handing it to us.

"Why would we help you Kai?" Elena questions.

"Well, in case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a sociopath." Elena seems to be shocked by that, "I know. Shocker. I like being a sociopath. You know, I'm not burdened by things like guilt or love." He glances at the floor than looks up at us," So then this merge happened with my brother Luke, and I won, which was great because I absorbed his ability to do magic, but now I can't stop thinking about how Luke died, how Liv's life is ruined. For some horrible reason, I can't shake how badly I feel about it. And I keep thinking about this one person and it's really irritating because I didn't plan this, but damn I'm getting sexually att-" Kai got cut off by Damon.

"Aye aye- we don't want to know that part, and you feel bad?"

"Yes. So when I absorbed Luke's magic, I must have gotten some of his qualities or something like empathy. So I googled how to process emotional pain, and they said if you write everything down in a letter and burn it, you'll be healed. So I started writing, and this water literally started pooling in my eyes. Has that ever happened to you, like--like water just--just oozing out of my eyeballs like I'm some alien creature excreting fluids." I snorted at his dumb speech.

"You mean you cried?" Elena whispered in disbelief.

"Yes! And after that was done, I burned the letter, and the feelings--oop-- were still there. So I really feel strongly that Jo needs to know how sorry I am for destroying our family, but let's face it, guys, all right? I mean, Elena, you of all people should be willing to look past the questionable things that I've done to see that there's--there's good somewhere in me."

"I think we are done here." Damon says gesturing me to kick him out, I grab kais hand and lead him out.

"I cant stop think about you." He blurts I stop my steps and turn to look at him.
"what?"
He opens up his mouth to continue but I stop him by vamp speeding us away from the boarding house and somewhere near the forest.
"Fucking hell! That's a headache starter." He shuts his eyes.

I nod, "yeah, but I needed to get us out of there. Not good talking about this with vampires near the house. Continue."

"I- I don't know, it's confusing, why do I keep thinking about you. I keep thinking about how this kol guy treated you and how I want to make him pay." He explains looking all confused, "you're the only person I don't want to hurt or annoy. It's probably because you're the only one I tolerate. Also the only one that listens to me and doesn't complain about my existence."

"Uh, Kai I don't know what to say." I stutter as he looks down, "forget it, talk to you later." He mutters and walks away. Gosh, I think I feel the same way, or do I. I felt better with my humanity off.

**************************************************
I walk towards the bar I always go to and just to my luck I found liv there. Yay me. I order a drink.
"Why so sad?" She asks handing me the drink.
"This guy told me he liked me and I think I like him too, but thing is he doesn't like people." I slur, not caring if I like her or not.
"Boy problems, in my opinion if you like him, fuck it. Just go out with him. And what do you mean he doesn't like people, is he a player?" She asks.
"Uh yeah something like that." I nod and walk out with the drink in my hands.
*****************************
A week later, I started to grow worried for Kai.
So I did the best thing I could think of.
Using a locator spell to track him down.

I reach the location, and knock on on the hotel room he is supposed to be in and wait for a a response.
Five minutes passed and no one answered.

God, I guess I have to do everything myself.
I broke the door knob and walked in as if owned the place.
I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the horrible sight.
"Oh shit!" I yell, why would he do this!
I ran towards Kai' s limp body. Did he try to commit?

I feel a heartbeat, he's alive. The heartbeat is slow, but still there. God, I hope you like being a vampire Kai.