Chapter 9

I laid in my bed, tossing and turning, and thought about the past events of the night.  I arrived home around 11, with my parents freaking out that a movie couldn't be that long and asking where I really went that night.  Kyle was kind as always, opening the car door for me and walking me to the front door.   But nothing else happened.  When I didn't tell my parents anything different from the original plans I told them, I was just sent to my room.

        And now, here I was, at 1 a.m. left thinking about him.  We were different yet the same.  Whenever I spent time with him, I just felt like I was complete.  Like the other half of me was missing all this time.  And now I just realized that all I was missing in life was someone like him, to get me out of this shit hole that just kept getting deeper.  This was getting too confusing.  Yes, Kyle seemed like a great guy.  But some things about him remained a mystery.  Something was definitely going on.  And not just our rush to leave Dan's Mountain, but with school.

        Some things just didn't add up.  His daily fights with the football team.  His, I'm assuming mother, storming out of the main office that one day.  Nothing made sense.  And my yearning to see him after I just spending time with him tonight, was one of them.  After Gabe, I had to teach myself that falling hard was the last thing I wanted to do.  And now here we are, back to square one.

        I finally let myself drift off to sleep, dreaming of his skin in contact with mine and keeping me warm in bed.