Past Lives (Isabella)

*Summer 2010*

        I walked up to the mall entrance into the cinema.  The humidity frizzed my hair despite my attempts to tame it with hair spray and a flat iron and my shorts were a little too big around my legs.  Not exactly what I had plan in wearing on a date, but it was just my boyfriend Andy.  He didn't seem to care what I looked like.

        I saw him sitting on one of the benches inside the cinema, ready to hand me my ticket.

        "You already bought my ticket," I asked him, staring at the stub of paper in his hand.

        "Why wouldn't I?"

        "I'd just thought you'd let me pay for something for once," I said taking the ticket and giving it to the guy in the ticket booth.

        "Nah," he said and took my hand.

        It was our first date out in public besides the times he and I would hang out at his house, usually babysitting his little sister.  We were seeing Letters to Juliet, a romantic comedy.  Not sure how this will go, I thought to myself as he led me through the theater doors and sitting towards the back in the corner.

        I was so nervous that my palms sweated, unaware that I was tensely grabbing onto the arm rests.  When the movie started, Andy grabbed my hand.  He then pulled it towards his chest to feel his beating heart.  Did I really have this effect on him?

        He then kissed each of my finger tips.  It was difficult to watch the movie without watching him do this.  I found it extremely odd at how fast the pace of this relationship was going.  And not just because I was only 14.  He already expressed his love for me before the relationship became official.  This was insane.  This was too much.

        He then pulled my arm, forcing me to come closer to him, with the arm rest separating us.

        "Come here," he whispered, pulling me towards him and making me sit on his lap.  I felt his hand touch my leg which slowly creeped up to the button of my shorts.

        "What are you doing," I asked in a hushed tone, swatting his hand away.  He shushed me and quickly shoved his hand down my shorts.

        "Quit it," I said alarmed at what was happening.

        "You can trust me."

        "No, I'm not okay with this."

        "It's alright," he said shoving his hand down my shorts again.  I didn't want to attract attention from the other people watching the movie, so I kept quiet.

        His hand then made its way to the inside of my underwear, and I felt contact there for the first time.  Me being tensed and his cold, unwanted touch made it unbearable.  I held back the tears as I made sure no one was looking back at us.  I missed a good portion of that movie.