Chapter 48 - Wanna bet?

Notes:

- Chapter uploads are going to be dead for a while again. Uni's opening up soon and i haven't done my assignments lol

- but yeah, from this point, for a short period of time, it's going to be about Aiden/Erwin so enjoy (i'm surprised i've reached this point. like it was so far a couple of months ago)

----------------------

POV: 3rd Person

Nero totally left us alone on purpose, that asshole... was what Aiden thought as soon as the door came to a close after his best friend's departure. The air immediately settled into awkwardness and it became suffocating for both men, so Aiden being the hero he is, decided to save everyone from their misery by breaking the tension first. "So... you heard the man, what's your verdict?"

"Before that," Erwin asked the question that'd been on his mind ever since Aiden disappeared from Indigo Halls. "What happened to Rothwell?"

"Oh yeah, him. I forgot to tell Nero as well. I essentially just beat him up and anonymously dropped him off to the closest police station. It's their problem now."

"You didn't get hurt?"

"Well, he did get a punch on me because I slightly distracted at the time but nothing I couldn't handle. Look, this isn't about me. Are you going to tell me your decision?"

Erwin said nothing, just blinked a couple of times before placing his elbow on the table and rested his chin on the palm of his hand. It was accompanied by a smirk and analytical eyes. Aiden felt extremely uncomfortable being studied blatantly, since it was usually the other way around so he was about to call the other man out, but Erwin quickly inserted. "Well, what do you want the verdict to be?"

Aiden leaned back against the cheap leather and returned an are-you-being-legit-right-now look, matching the tone of his voice with his expression. "I think it'd be quite obvious what I would want your stupid verdict to be."

"Humour me anyway."

"... weirdo but sure. It'd be the utmost relief if you let us off the hook and keep everything you saw and heard to yourself, which includes not telling Nero's love-of-his-life."

Erwin snorted at the latter part of the statement but it was not enough for him to be distracted from the problem at hand. "Sure."

"Sure?"

"Mhm."

"Uh, what are you suring to exactly?"

"I thought it'd be quite obvious, don't you think." Erwin played the reverse uno card on Aiden and the latter knew that it's supposed to tick him off but instead, he found himself fighting off a smile. I guess the guy doesn't always have a pole stuck up his ass, so for that one reason, I'll play along.

"Humour me anyway." Aiden mimicked his position and returned the same smirk, which was a miscalculation on his part because now their faces were a small distance away from each other, accentuating each other's eyes. From Aiden's perspective, Erwin's eyes were a crystal clear hazel colour with the softest brown infused with green. It's like the greenest grass over rich soil and Aiden could guarantee the eyes would glow if he smiled a soft smile, simultaneously dazzling and seducing anyone enraptured in his eyes. From Erwin's perspective on the other hand, he felt as he dove into an ocean of royal blue but it wasn't a single hue. It was a combination of hundreds of different hues, all expressing different emotions. While the obvious ones were discontent, interest and playful, there were hidden ones. Emotions that tempts him to uncover.

Regardless, it left both men secretly breathless. Other than that, Erwin didn't seem unfazed by Aiden's distance, so he doesn't move away when he responds, "I'll your little secret. What you guys are doing isn't a bad thing and you said it before, if you're not going to do it, who will?"