『119』

𝟙 | 𝟟

They're all sitting in the living room when Namjoon comes out of the hallway. He looks defeated, torn up by the immense guilt he's feeling, by the immense guilt they all can feel. Seokjin lets out a breath and runs a hand through his hair before he's beckoning Namjoon to the couch.

He rests a hand on Namjoon's back when the younger slumps over and buries his face into his palms. Then, Namjoon leans back against the couch.

The bonds are feeling rather unpleasant. Everything is so negative. It's hard to even try and be understanding when all anyone feels is distress and confusion. "I'm sorry," Namjoon manages to get out, and before anyone can say anything in response, he can't stop talking. "I- I met up with Jungkook at a cafe after he was discharged. One of his friends gave me his number, and I couldn't help but try to talk to him. We've been meeting for a few weeks now," Namjooon takes in a breath and lifts his head a little, looking at everyone even though he can feel how they're reacting, it's only natural to want to see it as well. "He asked me not to tell you that we were meeting. I didn't want to stress him out even more." Namjoon's breathing starts to get a little shakier, and Seokjin knows Namjoon's about to break down.

"Joon-ah," Seokjin says softly, taking Namjoon's hand into his own. Seokjin doesn't know how to put what he wants to say into words, so he lets Namjoon into his arms, lets him release his tears, lets him know that even is they don't know quite how to react, they still love him.

Namjoon falls asleep rather fast after that. It's not surprising. He's had an exhausting day and an even more exhausting night. So, Seokjin tucks him under the covers and leaves Hoseok with him, the calmest one out of them all. And, Just as Seokjin himself is about to get into the bed and fall asleep, he finds himself hesitating.

Their last match is sleeping in Namjoon's room, alone, probably distressed, and not knowing what to do. He tries to shake the thought out of his head. He doesn't know Jungkook. He's a stranger, but something still makes him stand outside the door and eventually place his hand on the doorknob.

He opens the door and steps inside the room just barely lit by the lamp on the bedside table.

He knows Jungkook lost a friend today, and Seokjin can't say he knows how that feels, but he knows he wouldn't want to be alone. So, he sits down in the chair Namjoon brought in, and he stays.

Seokjin finds himself awake when he hears the quiet mumblings of an unfamiliar voice. He opens his eyes to see Jungkook underneath the cover of Namjoon's bed, writhing with his eyes squeezed shut, mouth moving in distressed calls of 'Woohyun'. Seokjin immediately moves out of the chair and to the bed. "Jungkook," Seokjin reaches out his hands and shakes Jungook. "Jungook, wake up" He repeats, and the younger's eyes shoot open, his hand flying to grab Seokjin's arms.

Jungkook pauses, looking wide-eyed at Seokjin before his haze travels to where he's gripping Seokjin like the older is the last thing in the world and he doesn't want to let go. But, Jungkook releases his grasp as soon as he realizes what he's doing and sits up against the headboard. Seokjin can't help the way he wants to comfort the younger after seeing the distress in his eyes. "Sorry," Jungkook says softly, looking away.

Seokjin shakes his head. "Don't be sorry," He replies quietly before sitting back in the chair. Now that Jungkook's sitting up, Seokjin finally notices how he's drenched in sweat, fringe sticking to his forehead, his T-shirt dark with moisture. "Do you want to take a shower?" Seokjin asks. "The bathroom is right over there. You can use the shampoo and body wash already in there. I can get you some fresh clothes too." Jungkook's head swivels to look at Seokjin, seemingly shocked by the older's words.

"Can I?" He asks softly, clearly still frazzled by whatever images where plaguing his mind just a couple minutes ago.

"You're out guest now," Seokjin smiles softly, giving the younger an affirmative nod of his head. Jungkook slowly gets out of the bed and makes his way to the bathroom. He looks back at Seokjin, seemin a little unsure but Seokjin nods again, and then he's stepping inside. "I'll set some clothes outside the door," Seokjin tells the younger through the door just before he gets up and begins to strip the bed, intending to put clean sheets on it as well.

He comes out of the room with an armful of bedsheets and goes to the laundry room, stuffing them into the washer. "How is he?" Seokjin almost jolts out of his skin when he hears Yoongi's voice. He turns around from where he was emptying the dryer.

"As distraught as anyone would be after losing someone," Seokjin says, and Yoongi nods. Seokjin still feels the uncertainty in their bond, so he pulls Yoongi to him and presses their foreheads together."You know Joon-ah was only doing what he thought was right." He says softly, and Yoongi hums.

"I know. A part of me wishes he would have told us." Yoongi sighs pulling back as he places his hooks his arms around Seokjin's neck.

"Me too," Seokjin rests his head on Yoongi's shoulder, and they slowly begin to sway as if they were listening to their own music.

"He's already in love with him," Yoongi mutters, his eyes falling shut as he lets his head fall against Seokjin's.

"I think we would be too if we spent the same amount of time with him as he did."

Yoongi doesn't say anything after that. They sway until Seokjin remembers he has to find Jungkook a set of clothes, but he doesn't forget to softly kiss Yoongi on the cheek before he leaves.

Something settles in Seokjin as he sets the perfectly folded clothes in front of the bathroom door, something sure and almost determined. He doesn't quite know what it means, but he doesn't push it away. He lets that feeling linger there until his head falls against the pillows.

≋𝔸/ℕ≋

I have a strage liking toward this chapter. I don't know why I do. It's more of a filler if anything, but I think it's one of my better chapters.

Idk if there'll be an update tomorrow. It's not very likely lol.

Make sure to cheer on yourself and the people around you

- AC