three.

DRACO

I smiled at Emerald and she returned the gesture. Before anything went awkward, I asked her if she was done with her essay.

"Yeah, I am," She answered, "Thanks for the help."

"Don't stress about it."

"Well, I better go back to my room before Pansy decides to kill me." She joked.

I shook my head as I chuckled, "You're not going to let that go, are you?"

"Nope." She replied, popping the p, "Goodnight, Draco."

"Goodnight, Em."

I smiled as I walked upstairs, entering my own room.

*

It was four thirty and the whole team was in the pitch, except for Emerald and Montague. I immediately kicked Graham Montague out of the Slytherin quidditch team as soon as I got to the Great Hall for dinner yesterday. I knew that I could've waited for Emerald and walked with her to the pitch, but she was technically not my problem and I was team captain.

"I'm here," She said, jogging towards us, "Sorry I'm late. Got lost. Again." She added, subtly targeting me.

"Malfoy!" Goyle shouted from the storage room, "Why is there a Firebolt here?"

"Oh, um, it's mine." Emerald replied sheepishly, stepping in between Crabbe and Zabini. I immediately looked at her with my eyes wide, raising my eyebrows in a quick motion toward her, shutting her up before she said anything about yesterday and she looked at me with confusion before understanding what I meant and rolled her eyes, "I was practicing yesterday."

Zabini was very impressed, so was everybody else. The Firebolt was the fastest broomstick up to date, surpassing the Nimbus 2001, that my dad bought for the whole team for some twisted reason so I would be here. I would be perfectly fine with joining the try outs for the team. We all grabbed our brooms and I told Emerald that she was taking over Montague's Chaser position, "Alright, let's go."

I threw the Quaffle up in the air and Emerald grabbed it within a split second, zooming solo towards the hoops and scored.

"She's totally better than Montague!" Zabini shouted at me, giving Emerald a high five and the rest of the practice went well, with our new Chaser shooting the scores, impressing others. I would never admit it to her, but she caught my attention in quidditch. The way she moved so quickly from one place to another, with the help of her broomstick of course, but she's skilled, that's for sure.

Practice ended sooner than I expected, time flies and Emerald's presence changed the dynamic of the team for the better. We are beating Gryffindor on the match next week for sure. Everyone went to the guys locker room, except Emerald. I realised that she did not have the jersey, as her joining the team wasn't planned. Zabini kept talking about how we were going to beat Gryffindor the whole time. I quickly showered and changed before we all went to the Great Hall for dinner.

*

We had one more practice before tomorrow's Saturday match and all of us were ready. Zabini, Emerald and Cassius Warrington practice on passing the Quaffle between the three of them and Miles Bletchley preventing them from scoring. Crabbe and Goyle practiced on the bludgers and I ended up joining Em and the others.

I looked at the clock, realising it's almost six thirty. "Alright. We're done. You guys better smash Gryffindor tomorrow."

"And you better get that Snitch, Malfoy." Emerald replied in a haste, looking at me straight in the eye.

"You know I will." I said confidently, "What are you guys doing? I said practice dismissed!" I announced once more and we all landed back onto the grass and I saw the new member rolling her eyes. I quickly showered and changed and as I opened my locker, I remembered that Emerald still did not have the team's quidditch jersey. I grabbed my old jersey which was too small on me, scanned the room and everyone was busy with themselves, so I slipped away, walking to the girls' locker room. I stood outside the entrance, knowing to respect one's privacy.