seventeen.

DRACO

"Alright, put your moonstone onto the mixture and stir," Professor Slughorn announced, "You should get a spiral of steam and get a mother of pearl sheen if you did it right."

We were making Amorentia today, apparently it was the most powerful love potion in the wizarding world. Slughorn told the class that it will smell differently to each person. Both Emerald and I tried our best to concentrate in class, tired from last night's repair session in the Room of Requirement and the endless brainstorming on the plan on killing Dumbledore. Neither of us wanted to do this, there were no news whatsoever on Katie Bell and her recovery. She was sent to St. Mungo's immediately after the incident and Emerald apparated us back to Hogwarts at once after we saw her body up in the air. Emerald insisted on helping me even though she did not need to, she was the back up after all. But I can't fail the task, I can't afford to. I can't make Emerald kill Dumbledore. It has to be me, whether I want it or not. Unfortunately, Emerald was paired with Hermione to produce the potion while I was paired with Zabini, who was not doing anything to help me out because he did everything on the last Potions class. I was surprised that Emerald didn't pull anything on Hermione despite what happened earlier this year, her involvement in both Dumbledore's Army and the Inquisitorial Squad. I was too deep in thoughts while I unconsciously stirred the potion and spirals of steam emerges from the mixture. Slughorn noticed the steam coming out of the cauldron and he came over.

"Well, Malfoy and Zabini, as you are done with your potion, please share to the class what you smell. You should be able to smell three things. Malfoy, would you like to go first as you are already stirring the Amorentia?" He said and I nodded in response, sniffing the steam.

A familiar scent came to me, "The quidditch pitch, musky lavender and orange blossom, sir."

Through my peripheral vision, I saw both Hermione and Emerald tilting their heads towards my direction, knowing who it was. Slughorn gave me a nod, "Zabini, your turn."

Zabini sniffed the potion and a confused expression came into view before he sniffed it once more, "Musky lavender and orange blossom and the quidditch pitch, sir." Then it was my turn to have my eyes going wide at Zabini, who had a smirk plastered on his face, figuring out who it was and who he was attracted to. Slughorn gave us a skeptical look before nodding and asked Emerald and Hermione to smell theirs and Hermione went first. I wasn't paying attention, I was looking at Zabini with annoyance.

"Shove off with your interest, Zabini." I warned and his smirked was amplified.

"Why? Last I checked-"

"Last I checked, she was never yours and Zabini, I do not like sharing what's mine." I taunted and his expression fell, knowing that I have the upper hand here.

"And expensive cologne." I faintly heard someone said, my mind still focused at Zabini.

"Blimey," A person said from behind and I checked to see who it was. It was the none other, redhead Weasley and his shocked friend Harry James Potter.

"What?" I asked rudely.

Ron, still surprised looked at me, "You're the only person who wears expensive cologne."

"Jealous you can't afford such thing, Weasley?" I snickered.

Harry rolled his eyes and Ron's eyes went back and forth from Emerald to me, making me realise who said 'expensive cologne' while the two processed what just happened.

"Keep your nose out of my business, Weasley." I said rudely before facing back to the professor. As I turned my head back, I also saw Hermione's surprised expression, she opened her mouth to say something to Emerald but then remembered what happened between them. And of course, not forgetting Zabini, I smirked at him, "I told you, she's mine, Zabini."