thirteen.

Time flew and I was back home, spending my time here for the summer holiday. I heard that Harry Potter's godfather, Sirius Black was killed by my aunt and Dumbledore took Hogwarts once more, leaving Umbridge suspended by the ministry. To make things worse, as a punishment for Lucius' failure to get the prophecy from Harry and his friends, he was sent to Azkaban and the Dark Lord did nothing about it, leading to the mockery around the Malfoy name. Not to mention that Malfoy manor was now a place where the Dark Lord held his meetings and Death Eaters come and go, it became the Dark Lord's headquarters. On the bright side, Emerald and I continued on whatever we have between us, lettering back and forth.

"Draco, come down please, we have guests." Mum said as she knocked my bedroom door.

I got out of bed, quickly searching for my black jumper to look presentable to whoever came before slipping into my shoes and went downstairs. I arrived in the living room, only to be surprised to see who it was. "Mr. and Mrs. Edwards, what are you doing here?"

"Well, He calls, we come." Dan Edwards replied.

"Does Em know about this?" I asked.

"Of course she does." Anna Edwards answered.

"Is she... initiated?"

"Not yet." She replied.

I took a step forward closer to Em's parents, "I beg you, please leave her out of this."

"Draco, what are you doing?" Mum asked, her voice concerned.

"Please, Mr and Mrs Edwards, leave Em out of this." I repeated.

"I didn't know you two were that close," Dan said, "I appreciate your concern Draco, but it's her choice, not ours."

"No, you could help to leave her out of this. You're her parents, isn't it your job to protect her? Do you want to see your daughter get hurt?"

"Draco!" Mum exclaimed.

"Promise me that Em would stay out of this."

I was utterly frustrated at this point. Em's too good to be one of us. She has a choice. I didn't. With Lucius in Azkaban, I had no choice but to revive the Malfoy name. As much as I despise my father, I needed to help mum. Anna sighed in defeat, "Draco, you do understand that this is an honour-"

"Draco! Come here!" Mum exclaimed, "I'm so sorry, Delanna."

"It's fine, Narcissa."

Mum grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the side, "What were you thinking?! I know you're fond of Emerald, but it's her choice! Do you know what will happen if He hears this?"

"Is it really? Look at me, mum. Do I look like I have a choice? Lucius' in Azkaban!"

"Draco, you've wanted this your whole life!"

"Yeah, well I don't think I do now."

Mum opened her mouth to say something but Yaxley interrupted, "Draco, He wants to see you."

I gave Dan and Anna, Delanna to be exact, one last pleading look before going into the Dark Lord's room. The door closed as soon as I entered, "Take a seat, Draco." He said and I did, "Are you ready?"

"Yes."

"Good."

I rolled the sleeve on my left arm and the Dark Lord pressed his finger onto it and I could feel my skin burning and stinging as the Dark Mark started to appear.

Stay still, Draco.

Time slowed down as the my skin was burning more and more as the Dark Mark becomes more vivid. When it fully appeared, the Dark Lord sat back on his chair.