Chapter 16

Camille

8 months of not seeing Halina has me bent backwards, my daughter have been worried about me but also been consoling Halina adopted boys Arelio and Kaiden. I've been doing my best to be there for Alex cause I know he's breaking inside, Averie has told me Everette hasn't been doing very well.

I sighed as I walked back home and then suddenly I got a mind link from the pack doctor "Luna, please report to the infirmary immediately" "on the way!" I ran back toward the hospital and went straight to the infirmary when I enter I caught her scent and almost cried when I got to her bed.

There laid Halina in bandages and the IV and blood was being pumped into her. She has burns and bruises all over her and she seem skinner and paler than usual. Half of her face was bandaged as well and she was laying there like sleeping beauty. I cried at the sight of her and held her hand that wasn't to bandage up "Halina?" She didn't respond. Doctor Kently came in with her clip board "Luna I'm glad your here. Guards from the blood palace dropped her off just now. I didn't feel the alpha present in the pack and contacted you instead." She said while she wrote some things on the papers.

"What's her status doctor?" I asked softly, she sighed "Very critical Luna. She has a lot of burns on her body, I'm assuming from being tortured from vervain and then she skinny which I also assume they barely fed her anything. She very weak and unstable for now. I believe maybe a week or two she will be healed but I don't think she will be the same after her experience. I have blood and IV being put into her to keep her in balance and she healing but very slowly. They really did a number on her" she shakes her head and I nodded and she takes her leave.

I wipe my tears and decide to mind link everyone like the twins and the beta and gamma on the situation and texted Alex as well. The twins came running in and Kaiden and Arelio right behind them with my girls. Aurelia bursted into tears as she saw her mother's condition and Adrian and Kaiden and Arelio look extremely mad and Adrian held his crying sister and consoled her a bit. Soon Alex came in and he looked horrified at her situation but did his best to remain calm. He told us about the queen and what happened that night.

We were all shocked that the prince really didn't care for his mother and would rather kill her than earn the throne. We all tried talking to Halina but she still have no response and we gave up for today and would come back tomorrow for more update. Alex and I was the last to leave, "What have they done to her" he growls and I rubs his back "Something horrible to an innocent but I hope the queen give her justice" I said and he nods and we head home.