𝟻 - ʜɪᴅᴇ ɴ sᴇᴇᴋ

"Run

"Run."

I slipped past his grip as he let go of my neck, rushing out of the alley. God, where am I supposed to go? I had no clue but I would rather get lost for the rest of my life than be in his hands.

I didn't know what time it was but it was pretty dark. I couldn't tell if it was late night or early morning but I couldn't care less. The only thing I cared about right now was saving my life.

"Run."

The word kept ringing in my ears which I wasn't complaining about. It pushed me to run faster. It was my motivation.

I couldn't tell where I was because I was so focused on my thoughts as my legs carried me. It was somewhere downtown. It started to rain which was just my luck. The pain in my legs was hurting as I pushed myself to run faster. My chest was rising and falling rapidly and it started to hurt. The pressure was closing in on my chest and it wasn't helping at all. My throat started to get scratchy because of the lack of air and the cold breeze mixed with it. My hair was a mess and I kept getting looks from people.

Probably because I was a young girl, wearing a dress covered in blood stains, and running around New York like some crazy person. They would think I was running from some murderer... which I am.

I forcefully pushed my way through people who were walking as I was running.. no I was sprinting. I could hear a few mumbles like, "Hey watch it" here and there but I didn't give a fück. They're not the ones that are playing a sick game where you run for your freedom. I am. I couldn't help but wish I were them at the moment.

I lost track of how long I was running for but It couldn't have been more than 7 minutes. Wherever I was didn't seem like a friendly place. There was more trash on the ground, broken down buildings, and the smell in the air was horrific.

I shook my head looking for a place to hide for the remaining minutes. My legs couldn't carry me any longer due to the lack of exercise.

Oh how I wish I spent my lazy days at the gym instead.

I didn't have much of a variety from a place to choose and hide but eventually, I saw something I could hide behind. I rushed towards another much larger trash can. I got close until I was hiding behind it. I just felt disgusted being near one. I can't believe he killed him and left his body to rot. This whole time he wasn't joking about how he would torture Tony. But why? He just bumped into him. I did that and he didn't just go into a random fight with me.

There I stood. The rapid rising and falling of my chest finally slowing down as I rested. I had a huge migraine probably from the lack of sleep. My hair was all over the place, with a few strands sticking to my face from the blood and the rain. I don't even know how I looked right now but from people's expressions, I could only guess it was really bad.

Now It was quiet. The rain had already stopped. The wind whistling being the loudest noise besides my heartbeat pounding against my chest. My back was pressed against the garbage can, as my head laid resting on it. I didn't know where I was but I've never heard New York this quiet. I could faintly hear some squirrels ruffling in the bush, music playing from someone's window... Oh, and I could just barely hear a car alarm going off, faint footsteps, a buzzing sound from the- wait what. Faint footsteps?