7. As If I First Met You

The jungkook I knew was an earnest person. Tough on the outside, but gentle on the inside. I thought I considered him as a friend. Just a friend. But why did it feel so strange? And why couldn't I stop thinking about him?

"You can come in now" Jungkook called me in.

Was jungkook that tall?
I thought he was slim, but his bare body is-
S- stop! Calm down!

"So, what brings you here?" He continued as I make my way to the sofa.

"Hm?"

"What made you come to my office?"

"Oh right, it's nothing much. I-I just got this for you"

Was That awkward?

"This could be considered a bribe, you know" There's the jungkook I know.

"It's not like that! It's just thank you gift! It's small compared to what you did for me but still. Thank you for saving me"

I have that over the shopping back and made a 90 degree bow.

"If you weren't there, I don't even want to imagine what could have happened to me"
"You are my saviour. Thank you. Really" I continued.

There was a short silence in the office.

"This is why I came early. Just in case you might visit me like this"

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

Jungkook looks a bit-

"Anyone would have done the same thing. Luckily, I just happened to be there"

He's so different from yesterday. Now that I think of it, during relay race didn't say he stopped running halfway through the race?

"I appreciate it, really. Anyway, I should get going" he continued.

"Hm? Wait! Stop!" Why did I just did that?

"What are you doing?"

"We can just keep avoiding each other like this. Now that it's out there. You are a good person, you are not a bad ex and you even saved me. I get that you are trying to make a point, but I have to return your favour can we please be on good terms again? Just friends. If you say no, then you can't keep the present!" I said.

" You're so petty"

He......he smiled!!

"Anything else other than the gift?" He continued.

"Huh?"

"You said I'm your save your. Is there anything else other than you thank you and sorry?"

"What more do you expect?"

"I think I strained myself yesterday. My wrist hurts. And I'm hungry but I don't know if I can even lift up chopsticks"he said.