16. Better Now Than Later

It felt like I was in the eye of a storm. I had no idea what was happening or what he was talking about. But one thing was obvious. He desperately needed my help.

"I'm sorry to visit you this early in the morning" jin apologize.

"It's alright. Is everything okay?"

"I need a favor. If feels like I'm asking you for a favour whenever i see you, but your pretty much the only one I can trust" said Jin.

This can't be good. It feels like something bad is about to happen.

"Could you keep this for me?" Jin handed me the box that he'd been holding.

The box didn't have a speck of dust on it, yet it still seemed old. For some reason, only the corners seemed a little to worn down. It's pretty heavy. Seems like something's in this box.

"What is this?" I asked.

"You can open it. Don't worry, it won't bite"

"This is-" it just looks like an ordinary pair of shoes.
"What is this?"

"That's my parting gift- or should I say it's more like the contents of my will" said Jin.

"What are you talking about? Are you saying you're going to die?"

"This all happened because of me. Do you know why Mr. Kim is so obsessed with Taehyung?"

"Obsessed?"

"It's because he's worried that Taehyung might get distracted. To the point where he would send Jeon Jungkook to Germany, Mr. Bok Su wants full control over Taehyung. To be exact, he wants Taehyung to play the role I used to play for him. 'A puppet obeying his master' " said Jin.

So all the fake expression from Taehyung all the masks he had to wear until now was-

"The reason my mother acted that way at the ceremony, and the reason Taehyung started hating me was all because of my accident. To be precise, it's because I didn't die" jin continued.

"But if you just disappear like this it isn't going to-"

"I already know what I need to do to end this vicious cycle. Trust me. So please. Would you deliver this to Taehyung? He'll know what it means" he cut me off.

He left me standing there, speechless, still holding the ominous shoe box. Is this the best option? Why does someone have to erase himself for everyone else to have a happy ending? What should I do? Is this really the best I can do? Does Jin have to disappear and does Tae have to get full power for Jungkook to stay in here and for Tae to stop getting threatened? Is that the only way for everyone to be safe? No, this isn't right. There must be another way. Atleast, one thing was certain. No one wanted it to end this way. So.....I decided to ca both Jungkook and Taehyung.

Y/n:
Yeobosaeyo? Sorry for calling you so early. Um, can we meet up and talk about something?

After ending the call, I headed to WoodRail headquarters. After reuniting Taehyung and Jungkook, I had learned three things, one, is that no one else will solve my problems for me. Another is that there are things I can't solve by myself. And the most Important one is-