14. Fancy Russian Roulette

Someone once told me that there are times you have to go against your beliefs. Some people might sacrifice others for their goals. Some people might hide behind a person with power. Some people might act like they're more powerful than they actually are. I had never imagine myself doing it. I never wanted to be such a person.

~Banquet hall~
"I haven't seen you since our last meeting, right? How have you been?" Asked Tae.

"Everything's well, thanks to you. And this is...?"said the woman named Kang Do-yun

"She is my fiance, Lee Y/n. She is the most important person to me"

I tried my best at like one of those people for the first time in my life. Despite my efforts, I learnt how difficult it was. Constantly enduring, judging eyes with a smile, it was brutal. I learned it was far easier to live an honest life. My lips are twitching now. But tae on the other hand- "Are you alright? Do you want some water?" He asked. He looks completely fine.

"Did you go to these kind of events often when you were little?" I asked.

"I did a couple of times, but I'm not sure if I should say I actually attended the events"

"Why? Did you leave right away?"

"No, I would normally fall asleep somewhere in the corner and people would find me two or three hours after the event was over"

"I didn't know you had to go through that"

"Well, I've never told anyone but you. I just wanted to be honest with you" he said with a slight smile.

I saw him smiling and I figured it must've taken him a long time to get this point of comfort while discussing his past.

"Things are going as we planned. Thank you. Actually, someone's about to come disrupt our little plan, but still, I think we'll be fine" said Tae.

"Disrupt? Who are you talking about?" That's when everyone went silent.

"You don't look surprised even when you see me anymore, do you? You used to run away when you saw me, tae" said the woman.

"Strange.....I don't remember inviting you, yet here you are. You are an auspicious person, but mother, you've crossed the line today" said tae.

"Mother?" So, she's the one who put my company at risk? Sage must be Kim Jae Hoon, the CEO! Her appearance became a signal. People gathered around us without making a sound. Their eyes desperately sought for our flaws. To take the chance to seize us. To stab us at the back. So this is the kind of situation he was worried.

"Tae, I can clearly see you are enjoying the foundation anniversary party with some random girl and disregarding all your responsibilities. Would it be better in every aspect to let the CEO manage this event? Don'tyou think so?" Said Jae Hoon with a smirk plastered on her face.

I need to protect Tae. I stepped forward.
"That was a pretty first rude impression" why did I just say that?
"I'm sure you're not interested, but my name is Lee Y/n. And I'm not some random girl. I'm here as the manager of Lee Door Locks" I continued.