Epilouge

I wake up crying and screaming. That was the worst of the dreams I had been getting. Number one, I don't want my sister to ever get near those games. And two, I don't like any dreams about the games.

At least I am remotely safe in district 13. We are leading into a war, but at least at the moment I am okay and worry free. I hope my sister is the same. I look over at her. She is awake.

"Katniss," Prim says, "are you okay?"

I shake my head. That dream left me tongue-tied. Completely and utterly speechless. Prim gets out of our mother's bed and into mine.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"My dream," I say. "I didn't volunteer for the games. You were all alone. But it was weird. It was like I was you."

I explain to her all the events of the games in my dream. She knows I've been getting these nightmares. She looks at me with sorrowful eyes. She takes a deep breath.

"I probably wouldn't be that smart, I wouldn't have lasted that long." She says.

This scares me. If she could die easily in those games, how long will she last in a real war. I tell her this, but I regret it as soon as it comes flying out of my mouth.

"Katniss," she says, "I'm not going anywhere, at least not now. And I'm certainly not going to blow up! Dreams are only dreams. I'll be okay for now."

I nod. I hope she is right. At least I have her. I have her now. She tells me about how she goes into training to be a doctor. I think that's great.

She's right I told myself. She won't blow up. But it's funny how ironic life is. Only a few months later I am standing with a loaded bow, off to kill the president.

But no, that's not the ironic part. That is that while I am about to shoot my arrow the only thought I have in mind is vengeance for my sister, who died by a bomb created by my best friend. Who died just like I had imagined in my dream that night.