Chapter Five

My stylist, Cinna, has just entered the room. "I am so sorry that you are here," he says, "12-year-olds don't deserve this. How are you feeling?"

"Irritated," I respond. "Why are all of the Capitol people so happy to watch children die?"

"Oh Primrose," he says, "Not all of them are like that."

I sigh. "Yeah? Well your the first decent person I've talked to in quite a while... Or at least I think." He laughs at that.

"You're braver than you look Primrose," he says. "And someone as brave as you shouldn't be dressed up in some stupid costume, now should they?" I shake my head.

A few hours later Peeta and I stand in a chariot wearing unitards with capes. This is a stupid costume, what was Cinna talking about?

We watch one by one as the chariots go off. All of the other tributes showing off their district's pride. When it comes to 12, our chariot starts moving and I think to myself we are never going to get sponsors, not with these outfits.

I soon find out I am so wrong. as soon as we are revealed to the crowd, our whole outfits are on fire. I don't feel a thing. I look at the zoom in on my face and I look stunning! Peeta does too.

All of the other tributes look back at us. Some are in awe, some are jealous, others are just expressionless. They might make us their first target.

I'm holding a rose in my hand that was thrown by a fan. We stop and the flames go out. President Snow speaks, and we go off. It's all just one big rush now.

Effie, Haymitch, Cinna, and Peeta's stylist Portia are there to congratulate us. Then we are escorted to our rooms. I can't keep from the feeling that someone is watching me. I turn around and almost every tribute is. This is the first time a 12-year-old has been a threat.