Chapter VII

Keith woke up and got ready for work. It was one of the rare occasions on which he woke up before Shiro left. Shiro was putting on his socks and shoes, smiling to himself.

"Is there a reason you look so happy?" Keith asked before he left.

"Am I not allowed to be happy?" Shiro retorted. Keith rolled his eyes.

"You can be happy, I just want to know why?" Shiro shrugged.

"I just slept well and I have a good feeling about today," he answered. Keith snorted.

"Alright, have a good day filling out paperwork, weirdo." Keith finished getting ready and drove to work on his motorcycle. He arrived at the same time as the bus and he saw Lance getting off. Lance waved to him and he smiled and waved back. Lance walked over to him.

"You actually responded to me! You must be feeling better," Lance noted. I think I might be able to be around him. I just needed time to get used to him. Besides, I don't really have a choice; I can't avoid him forever.

"Yeah, I think I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, yesterday. I'm really sorry for what I said, I didn't mean it," Keith told him. Lance stopped and Keith turned to him, confused.

"Keith... I know you didn't mean it. You don't have to apologize, anymore," Lance told him, his hand on Keith's shoulder. Keith blushed and stuttered, "I-I know, I'm just- I just want to make sure you know." Lance smiled and let his hand fall to his side, then turned to continue walking to the building. Keith stared at his back as he walked away. He probably doesn't even like guys. This is hopeless, why can't we just be friends. Of course my heart has to make things complicated.

Keith focused hard on his work, trying to distract himself from Lance, but it wasn't the most engaging work, so his thoughts drifted often. When lunch came, Lance walked over to Keith.

"You want to go get food with me? I'm gonna walk over to Taco King to eat." Keith nodded.

"Sounds fun," he replied. They started walking, and after a moment, Lance broke the silence.

"So... got anything going on?" Keith shrugged.

"Why do you want to know?" Keith asked. Some stupid, desperate part of him hopped Lance wanted to do something together.

"Just wondering," he replied.

"Oh," Keith said, trying to hide his disappointment. Lance frowned.

"Something wrong?"

"N-No! I'm fine," Keith said hurriedly. Lance looked at him suspiciously, but let it go. They walked to the fast food place and ordered, then sat down at one of the tables outside.

"Hunk got him, Pidge, and I journals," Lance told Keith, then took a bite of his taco and swallowed. "It's actually nice to be able to write down how I'm feeling. It's therapeutic." Keith nodded.

"Aren't you worried someone will read it?" he asked. Lance shook his head.

"There is a lock on it," he explained. Keith thought for a moment while he ate.

"Wait, you said that Pidge and Hunk got journals, too, right?" Lance nodded. "Do those have locks, too?" Lance nodded, again. "You know... their keys probably work on your journal..." Lance stopped chewing. His eyes slowly grew wider and wider. He swallowed.

"Fuck fuck fuck," he muttered, panicking. He pulled out his phone and started typing, hurriedly.

Lance: HUNK!!!

HUNK!!!

HUNK!!!

Hunk: Woah calm down

What's up?