Chapter 12

Autumn's POV

I wake up early, eager for today. Although I have slept for so long, but I still feel fatigued, like I have no energy left. But I have to move, today is a special day, I can't just stay in bed sleeping all day.

I rush to take a quick shower and quickly choose a maroon sleeveless dress with A-line skirt. I don't forget to wear make-up and wear my 3 inch nude colored heels. I quickly grab my purse and phone and head downstairs as my parents already waiting for me.

"You look lovely Autumn. I bet Luke will never take his hands off you." Dad compliments me. "Thanks Dad." I look down and blush. "Let's head out soon or we'll be late." Mom informs us and we walk out together.

We finally arrive and meet with Luke's parents. Even Luke's brother Chris and his wife Janice come too. We decide to sit together and wait for the ceremony to start.

After a long times, we hear Luke's name being called. "Lucas Ray Adams" He then walks to the stage.

I'm really proud of him. Besides his study and his work, he still manages to spend time with me. He's really good at managing his time.

The ceremony ends. Luke walks to us. His parents congratulate him first, then his brother, my parents and lastly me. I give him a bouquet of flowers and kiss his cheek. "Congratulations!"

We then meets with Kay, Liv and Ollies. "Congratulations Ollie!" I say to him. "Let's take photos! I bring my camera." Kay says to us.

We take many photos of each other, alongside our family. "Autumn, let's take Luke and yours." Kay says. I stand beside Luke and he wraps his arm around my waist pulling me closer.

"1, 2, 3!" Kay counts and I quickly peck his cheek. I think Kay captures our moments beautifully. "You guys are so sweet." I smile shyly and Luke kisses my lips in front of everyone. "Best gift ever!"

"Okay, we'll take our leave now." My parents say and I go home with them. Luke goes home too as he didn't bring his car with him. "I'll text you when I'm near your house."

I tell him. "Take your time." He pecks me in the lips again and go to the car. I say bye to our friends then we go our separate ways.

After we get home, I quickly change into comfortable clothes and pack an overnight bag, not forgetting the necessities. After finish, I wait for Luke at the living room.

10 minutes pass and I receive a message saying that he's near. Not long, he arrives at my house and went inside.

"Julius, Maya, I borrow Autumn for tonight, I hope you guys don't mind. I'll bring her back tomorrow." Luke says to my parents. "No problem. We trust you. Soon we'll be family." Dad smiles at Luke. "Take care of our daughter." Mom adds.

Then Luke starts do drive to our destination. I really don't have any clue where we're going. So I just sit back and enjoy the scenery. Soon I fall into a deep sleep.

"We're here. Wake up Autumn." Luke wakes me but I just can't open my eyes. I stay in my position until I feel someone carry me and put me to bed.

Next morning come and I'm finally awake. Suddenly I remember that I have fallen asleep and don't know where I am right now. I try to get up but something heavy stop me from doing it. I turn and see that Luke is sleeping beside me with his hand on my stomach.

"Luke, get up!" He stirs hearing my voice and finally wake up. "Hey, you're up. How do you feel?" "I'm fine now." "What happen last night?" I ask him.

"You fall asleep and I can't wake you up. You give me a fright last night." Luke tells me. "I'm sorry. I guess I'm really tired. I probably ruin your surprise." I tell him guilty.

"It's okay. We still have today." He cheers me up. "Go take a bath and we'll eat breakfast. I'll cook for you." He says.

"I don't know that you can cook." My jaw drops in surprise. "Now you know." He winks at me. "I'll be in the kitchen."

I then quickly take a shower and brush my teeth, eager to spend some time with him. But suddenly I feel another headache coming. I grab the table so that I won't fall down.

After a while, the headache is still there but nothing I can't handle. I won't let this headache ruin our day. I then go out to the kitchen and start eating.

"Hmm, this taste so good." I think I just moan. "Obviously, I cook this." Luke smirks at me and we continue eating.

After breakfast, Luke and me walk around the Saranac Lake's Main Street and enjoy our time together. It's different from New York's busy street. What a healing day!

_______________________________
Hi! I think I'm going to update the next chapter in two or three days. I hope you like this chapter!
Enjoy!