Meet the Parents Part 1

A/N: Ahead in this chapter there will be some minor violence with some blood and homophobic slurs. Just a note that I do not condone violence or these slurs. I guess I should also mention that I am bisexual myself.
-𝑴𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒘
~
November 18, 1972
~
Brian's POV

I woke up to the alarm clock. I suddenly realized that today was the day we would meet Roger's parents. Roger was already up and sitting with his knees to his chest. His head was on his knees and he had his arms wrapped around them. He seemed deep in thought.

"Rog?", I asked.

He looked up at me and I could immediately tell he was in distress.

"What's wrong babe?"

"Bri. What if... what if we get rejected. I mean, my mum should be fine with it, but my dad..." He started to softly cry and I threw my arms around him and pulled him to me.

"Oh baby, don't cry sweetheart."

"But Bri..."

"It's ok Roggie Boo. Remember I told you, if he lays one finger on you I'll crush him.

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you too."
~
Parents' Driveway

We pulled up to Roger's childhood house. He was looking out the window and shaking a bit.

"We're here babe."

He looked at me and tried to find some semblance of a smile. He then pecked me on the lips and pulled away so we could walk in the house.

He obviously wasn't going to walk straight in, so I walked up and knocked on the door. After a couple seconds the door opened and Roger's mother appeared.

"Hi boys!"

"Hi mum."

"Hi Mrs. Taylor."

"Come on in."

We walked in and saw the table fully set with chicken and a salad since I'm a vegetarian. We had planned a short dinner with his parents, and then we would break the news to them. Also seated at the table was who we dreaded the most, Roger's father.

"Hi, dad."

"Who's your friend?", he asked. I found it rude that he didn't even acknowledge Roger.

"This is Brian." His father looked me over and grunted. Roger's mother looked uneasy.

"Well, take a seat boys. I know you can't stay long." I noticed that his parents were somewhat separated physically at the table. I didn't think much of it.
~
When we had finished our dinner, I knew we didn't have much time left before we planned to leave. It was time to tell the truth. I looked at Roger to signal him that it was time.

"Mum? Dad? We have something we wanted to tell you."

"Sure, honey. What is it?", Roger's mother responded.

"Well... I came here with Brian for a reason. I brought him because... because I'm gay. We're gay. We're together." Roger put his head down.

"Oh honey, that's-", his mother began. She didn't get to finish because she was cut off.

"What do you mean you're gay? I didn't raise you to be a fag! You fucking poof, I knew you were useless! You were a mistake anyways!" His father was spewing hatred out of his mouth and it disgusted me.

"How dare you bring a man into MY house and say that you're together. I obviously didn't beat enough sense into you." Before I could react, Roger's father raised his hand and slapped Roger across the face. I saw red. I stood up and swung at Roger's father. I hit him square in the nose and I was sure it was broken. Blood started spewing out of it and he collapsed on the ground in pain.

"You don't treat my boyfriend like that!", I yelled.

"Get out of my house you queers!"

"You better get out of here boys.", Roger's mother said in a worried voice. She ushered us to the door and stepped outside.

"I'm sorry for how this went, Mrs. Taylor."

"No worries, Brian. I don't care that you punched him. I've already filed for a divorce."

"That's good, mum.", Roger spoke. His cheek was red and I was glad there were no other injuries.

"Oh honey, are you alright?"

"I'm alright, mum."

"Just so you two know, I totally accept you both. Once I get my new house I'll call and we can chat then, ok?"

"Ok, mum." I nodded at her and we waved goodbye. We got in the car and started the journey back to the flat.
~
At the flat

Me and Rog were sitting in bed with a Beatles record on. We had put some ice on his cheek earlier and I had held him while he had a good cry over his dysfunctional family. I promised him things would get better.

"Thanks for standing up for me today, Bri."

"Of course, babe. I kept my promise now, didn't I?"

He giggled and nodded. That smile looked good on him. I was sitting on the bed with my back against the headboard and Rog to my side. I patted my legs and signaled for him to sit on my lap. He crawled onto my lap facing me and pulled me into a hug. I put my arms around him and hugged back. We then began to kiss for a few minutes.

I wanted to make him feel better from the rough day we had.

"Rog...", I whispered. He looked at me. I not so subtly looked over at the package of condoms and lube sitting on our nightstand. "Do you give me permission to make you feel better?"

"Yes, Brian."

We got started and it all went from there.
~
So I finally updated haha. Sorry for the long wait. AP classes are something else. I will aim for the next update to come out next week. Thank you for your patience and I hope you are enjoying the story. There will be a big "surprise" in about two chapters :)
-Meadow