Chapter twenty: Best chance

(a week later)

Jen's POV

i sat on my bed holding ivy and playing on my phone when Nicks face popped up on my screen and i was Confused. I hit answer, "hey Nick, what's up?" "Uh me and Bry are back in LA for a bit but we need to talk. Well I need to talk to your and Josh. Like right now. I'm like less than a minute from your house since I was coming that way. Can I come over?" 

"Sure." "Thanks." Less than a minute later I heard the doorbell and I carried ivy downstairs. I opened the door and saw nick. "Hey." He smiled when he saw ivy. "That's her?" I noded and let him in. "She lookes just like you." I noded, "yeah." 

"Wanna hold her?" He noded and I smiled softly. Ivy looked at me and looked like she was going to cry. She started crying and I sighed, nick Looked worried as I took her back. "Hey it's ok, shhhh." I said softly and satrted bouncing her. 

"Are you hungry?" She looked at me and kept crying. I sighed, "I can hold her while you get her a bottle." I noded and handed her to nick which she didn't like. I qickly made her a bottle and took her from nick. She calmed down and I sighed. "Sorry." He smiled, "it's fine." 

I noded, "so what's going on? Did something happen?" He noded. "I can't tell you till Josh is here." I noded, "he should be back soon." Nick noded too. "So what's her name?" I looked at him confused. "What's her name? You never said." I chuckled, "sorry. It's ivy Ellie lawrence. Isn't that right?" 

She looked at me and I laughed. "Can you say yes it is?" Nick laughed as I started making her jump. "Cute name." I noded. "Say yes it is-" I qickly stoped talking and nick looked at me. "What's wrong?" I sighed, "she thinks Josh his her dad, we never thought about it and have been telling her that he's daddy." 

Nick sighed, "oh." I noded, "yeah. I should stop before I confuse her." He noded in agreement. The door opened and we looked up to see Josh. Ivy squeled and Josh smiled. He took her, "hi baby, did you miss daddy?" I looked at nick sympathetically. "So what's up?" I asked nick. 

"You both might want to sit down." We noded and Josh sat next to me on the couch. "This really only concerns Jen, but I thought Josh deserved to know from me too." What's he talking about? What's going on? He sighed, "bryana, she's pregnant. We decided to tell you guys first since it would be Ivy's half sibling." 

My eyed widened and my breathing got heavy. "Jen?" Nick asked concurned. "Oh my God." I mumbled. "Jen." Josh said softly as I shook my head. "Jen!" I didn't answer. "Jen, look at me!" I looked at Josh and he sighed. "Calm down." He hugged me and I stared calming down. "

"Jen I need you to calm down, why is this so upsetting?" I shook my head. "You know why!" I yelled, "your the one who I had conversation with about it I'm the car last week and you told me everything would be fine!" He sighed as I got up. I ran upstairs and started crying as I slammed my door. 

Nick's POV

"What was that?" I asked softly as Josh grabbed ivy off the couch. "Jennifer being confused by her feeling's." I noded. "She still love me?" He noded. "She loves us both like crazy. It's been tearing her apart since we got engaged." I noded. 

I got off the couch and slowly walked upstairs. I opened the door and saw Jen laying on her bed fading the balcony crying. I sighed and sat on the other side. "Don't talk, you don't have to talk, just listen." There was a silence before I continued.

"I'm sorry for upsetting you. I didn't know you still loved me. I just want you and ivy to have your best chance. But it's not with me. It's with Josh, he can love you and help you heal from all the shit I've put you threw." She sat up and looked at me. "Nick what are you saying?" I sighed.

"Jen I'm sorry, I'm sorry for all the ways I abused you when we were together, I'm sorry For leaving when you got pregnant, I'm sorry for breaking your heart, I'm sorry for accusing you of cheating, I'm sorry for everything. But I have to go." 

"Where?" She mumbled as Josh walked in and stood in the doorway. "England, me and Bry decided to move there so we don't hurt you guys anymore than we have." She shook her head. "Nick no!" She cried and I sighed. I hugged her as she started crying agian. "Please don't go!" 

I sighed and made her look at me. "I'm doing this for you and ivy. Your guys best chance is here with Josh, without me in the picture." I whipped her eyes, "I love you." She noded, "I love you too." Knowing Josh wouldn't care we kissed. "Goodbye." He snoded tearfully as I left the room. "Bye Josh." He noded. "Bye." 

Josh's POV

I walked into the room and hugged her. "He's gone!" She sobbed and I sighed. I had layed her by down In her crib before sitting down. "Shh. Jen your going to be fine. Ivy will be fine. He just wants to give you your best chance." 

She kept crying and I sighed. I made her sit up and she looked at me. "Think about it like this. Pretend Ivy's my daughter, nick never existed, she was mine from the start. Your getting a new start. Take it." She nodded and I whipped her eyes. 

"Ok." She whispered. "I'll take it." I smiled, "good." She noded. "and to start with my new start let's get rid of everything trace of nick in this house." I smiled and noded. Jen grabbed the monitor and we got rid of everything having to do with him. 

Well of course Jen will still have her nightmares, and flashbacks and we'll always have ivy but hopefully they won't be as bad. When we finished I fed ivy and me and Jen had dinner. "Would you rather marry me or Emma Watson?" Jen asked and I smiled. "You." She smiled too. "Good." I noded and took out played downstairs. 

I set them in the sink and went back upstairs. I layed down next to Jen and she got closer. "Joshy will you hold me?" I noded, I could tell she was scared. She probably thought she was going to have nightmares. Everyone who watches the hunger games movies when they see katniss waking up and screaming like that would think it's just really good acting.

But it's not and I feel horrible. It's all nick, her nightmares from nick. She hasn't nightmares and wakes up screaming like that a lot, so filming those scenes are basically her normal. It kills us all to see her so used to stuff like that. Her parents don't know, nobody knows what Nick was doing to her behind closed doors and yet she's misses him. 

I don't blame her though. I mean he's the father of her daughter, if that was me and cludia I'd miss her too. The rest of the cast littrtly found out about the nick nightmares and shit like two days ago. She hates talking about it, every time she stared crying and having flashbacks. 

She's more like katniss than anyone could ever relize but like peeta I'll always be here when she wakes up to make it stop. She'll always be safe with me. She's my everything, and I'll give her, her best chance.