3. Ushijima/Tendou.

Ushijima woke up because of footsteps sounds in the hallway of the Shiratorizawa's third years dorms. He glanced at the other bed of his shared room, only to find it empty. Again. He stood up slowly, rubbing his sleepy eyes. He lost his balance for a second, steadying himself with a hand on the wall behind his bedhead. He walked to the door, opened it and stuck his head outside.

"- Satori ?"

The aforementioned red-head froze, hands furiously ruffling his stray locks. He turned around, welcoming his teammate with a wobbly smile. Another door opened, two rooms away from theirs. Reon face appeared, dozy and drained, as he silently asked if everything was fine. His eyes were going back and forth between his two friends. They both nodded and he went back inside his dorm, a knowing look on his visage.

"- Come back in here, please. the captain requested, voice quiet.

- Yeah, that would be awful of me to wake everyone up, huh."

The bitterness in his tone took aback the ace, but he knew better than to pay attention to it. Turning the light on, the middle blocker growled, hands scratching his whole face and neck.

"- Don't do that to yourself. the spiker said, catching his roommate's wrists.

- I-I can't do this anymore, Wakatoshi. I just can't. Tendou cried, shoulders shaking as he let his tears finally flow down his pale cheeks.

- Shhh... I'm here. We can do it together."

Ushijima was stroking the back of the other in smooth circles, his movements slow and comforting.

"- No ! the number five shrieked, jumping out of reach. No ! You don't understand, you-you can't. I've been up for another seventy-two hours ! I can't remember the last time I slept more than four hours a night ! I'm so done with all this bullshit... Please, Wakatoshi, please..."

The insomniac broke into sobs again, falling on his knees. The captain joined him, going for a tight hug as it was the most he could do. Satori's crises were numerous, long and very hard to handle. Medication wasn't working anymore since a long time ago. Nights like this one were frequent, much to the ace's dislike. They would stay up, Tendou crying his eyes out and whimpering, him just being there for the one he loved. Hopefully, the red-haired would fall asleep at dawn. And sometimes, he wouldn't.