Seven

I force my heavy eyelids open. The sun is shining through the thin curtains, instinctively I roll over to see Ollie's face. His eyes keep flicking open and then closed again.

Then I remember: the weight of his hand still on me reminds me. Me and him are finally friends? More than friends? Whatever.

He shuffles around, his hand tightening on me and moving me closer to him.

"Oh- good morning," I mumble, his breath now on my ear.

"Morning," he groans back. "Oh fuck, sorry Elle," he suddenly says loudly as he moves his arms off me and pushes me away. "I'm gonna shower, I'll see you later," he continues. Without looking at me he stands up and walks to the bathroom, slamming the door behind him. I flinch.

I slide myself out the bed, opening the curtains and looking out to the sea crashing against the beach. Next, I walk to the desk and pull up my phone.

3 unread texts.

Mol
09:17AM
How was the night with Ollie?

Mol
9:27AM
Still doing it?

Mol
9:35AM
I'll leave you guys to it.

I re-read the texts. What did happen last night? I call Molly and she almost instantly answers the phone.

"What the fuck Elle?" She giggles. "Gonna tell me what happened last night, you two went off on your own and then neither of us heard off either of you," she continues, her voice high-pitched and squeaky.

"We just went to the fair yesterday and then watched a film, how was your date?" I ask, determined to change the subject.

"Good, we had some seafood and then we went to the room and you know... did the deed," she laughs awkwardly.

"Congratulations, you finally got the boy," I laugh back. "You two wanna hang out today with us?"

"Yeah, would love too. Meet in 30 minutes at your room?"

"Sure," I respond before I'm met with silence on the other side.

I stand up and walk over to my messy suitcase and pull out a yellow floral dress with cut shoulders. I stand up and  pace around the bedroom as I wait for Ollie to leave the bathroom. It seems almost perfect timing as Ollie leaves soaking wet with a towel around his area. He shoots me a glance, his hair is falling straight over his face and water is dripping down him. I stare at him for a second, looking him up and down before he finally looks back at me.

"What?" He hisses.

"Nothing," I mumble back and walk past him into the bathroom.

Why me? I think as I look into the mirror. How do I have a crush on the guy who hates me more than anything? Me, I have a crush on Oliver Hall. I'm a fool. I just have to get through today and the journey back tomorrow and I'll never see him again.

I shrug my thoughts off change into the floral dress. At least I'm not alone with Ollie today, the others will be there but if they abandon me again I will hunt them down.

I leave the bathroom and Ollie is stood there on his phone. As I walk past him I take note of the baggy Iron-Maiden shirt and the ripped jeans he's wearing today, kind of cute.

He doesn't look up and I walk past him to the kettle.

"Do you want a drink?" I ask, flicking the switch up.

"Coffee," he responds.

I nod and add a few granuals to his mug and a tea-bag to mine. When the kettles done I pour the water in and add some milk from the plastic bottles. I stir our drinks around and leave it on the side for him, I take mine and sit on the chair.

"It's on the side," I mumble.

He walks past me and to the coffee mug, the awkwardness in the room is immense.

"So uh, Ellis and Molly are coming round later," I say, looking up at him.

"Cool," he responds, his eyes on his phone.

"Yep, cool," I say, clicking my tongue.

We sit for ages in silence and both on our phones until eventually the long awaited knock on the door happens. I sigh a sigh of relief and walk to the door, Molly instantly wraps her arms around me. She plants a soft kiss on my cheek and I smile.

"Thank-god you're here," I mumble to her. She pulls away and looks back at me confused. I shrug it off and walk into the room.

"Plans?" Ellis says from next to Ollie.

"Food then there's a museum I want to go to," Ollie mumbles, shoving his phone in his pocket.

"Nerd," Ellis laughs.

"It's supposed to be really good there," I respond, defending the museum however Ollie just turns away.

"I'm hungry, let's go," Molly says, turning away and Ellis follows after him.

We follow Molly and Ellis down the streets to a small cafe, sometimes participating in their conversations.

Quickly, I sit down by the window and Ollie next to me.

"Here," Ollie mutters and hands me a menu. For a second our eyes meet but it feels like the longest second ever. The brown specs in his eyes sparkle in the sun. I look away blushing.

"Can you boys go order for us? I'll have orange juice and a scone, El will have the same," Molly smiles and I nod at her, she nods back.

"Because that's a two man job," Ollie mutters underneath his breath before following Ellis to the counter.

"What is going on between you two?" Molly whistles. "You're blushing like mad and all that happened was he gave you a menu! Girl, tell me right now!"

"I'm just warm, but I guess I have a crush..."

"NO!" She says loudly, falling back into her chair. "You have a crush on Oliver fucking Hall!" She laughs.

"No so loudly, he might hear! But I just have to get through today and tomorrow and I'll never see him again," I mutter, a frown on my face.

"Talk to him about it," Molly whispers. "He likes you too, I can tell."

"He definitely doesn't. He hates me," I mumble, leaning on my hand. She frowns at me.

"Try, what's the worst-"

"What are you girls talking about?" Ellis asks as he sits back down, he plants a kiss on Molly's cheek before smiling at me.

"Conan Gray," I respond without thinking.

"Yeah, Conan Gray," Molly laughs.

I glance over at Ollie, he looks back at me too. For a second I think a smile is forming until quickly his smile turns into the dirtiest look I've ever seen.

My heart drops.