Everything not going as plan

Niji pov:

  We were setting sail to capture the prince and iroh. Azula was practicing lightning on the front deck. I left my room to watch her do lightning. As I arrived on the deck azula blasted lightning at the sky. Li and Lo noticed me. "Oh Niji." Said Li. "Your wearing your new clothes." Said Lo. "Um yes. It quite comfortable." I said. "You know general Iroh ask us to make you those clothes." Said Li and Lo at the same time. Their creepy at time when they both talk. "Oh really how nice." I said. "Alright enough with the small talk." Said azula walking to me. "How about another match." She said. "Fine." I said smiling. We walk to the center of the deck and wait for Li and Lo to give the commend. "Fight!" They said.

  First azula will use her right fist so I dodged to the left. As I predicted she did exactly that. Next a low kick with her left leg so I jump. I use my fire and push myself forward and try to kick azula on her arm. But she quickly dodged it. Azula is smart she knew I will predict her moves. She went on her hand and spread her legs and spin. Unfortunately I was caught and got kick to the left. "Ahhh!" I get up and feel the pain in my arm. "Is that all you got?" Azula said. "Hehe no." I started doing fast spins of fire and rapidly moving forward to her here. She doge to the left and sweep my leg. Unfortunately for her I hope for this. I grab her leg and threw her to the ground. "How did you like that." Azula get up. "No. let me show you real power!"she motion her hands. And beings to make lightning. I back a way a little and waited for her attack. She shot her lightning at me and I reach out my hand and pull out two fingers and slowly redirected it to the left side of the boat. In that moment Azula was shocked and I took that chance to attack. I run up to her and before she could attack back I pin her to the ground. "Now it 35 to 1." I said with a smile.

A few hours later:

After my and Azula sparing match she went to her room. 'I think I went to far on my skills.' I thought to myself. 'I should apologize for what she think is humiliating.' I get up from my room and knock on the princess door. "Princess?" "Come in." I heard her said on the other side of the door. I enter the room and see Azula brushing her hair. "What do you need Niji?" She said in a calming voice. "Um..i just wanted to see if you are alright." I said. "Everything is fine." She said. "Oh...um..ok then will be docking soon we found your brother and your uncle." I said. "Alright." Azula said. And I left the room. "Odd I thought she will be angry with me." I scratch my head and prepared for the prince.

I decided to wait outside of the ship to give orders to prepared a "nice and comfortable room" for the prince and his uncle. As I look I see Azula and zuko I tell the men to get everything ready. Zuko came up to me. "Hey Niji it been awhile." Zuko said. "Yes it has been a while." I said. "Ah Niji how great to see you and I see you got the clothes I prepared for you." Said iroh. "Um...yeah it comfortable." I said. He smile at me. Iroh always reminds me of my master it unfortunate that they are prisoners. "Well shall we get on board?" I ask. "Yes" Azula went up and I followed her with her then the commander of the ship. "Alright men let get the prisoners back to the fire nation." (Couldn't remember the quote) me and Azula stop on are track and turn to the commander. After some realization of what the commander said Iroh throw off two of are men over bored. Zuko came up and push the commander over boards. "Niji you get uncle I'll handle zuzu." I nod my head and jump over zuko and land in front of Iroh.I was going to strike but in a blink of a eye Iroh push my hand away and threw me over bored. I fell in the water and swim up as quickly as possible. As I get up I see lightning shot up ward. I use my fire bending to blast up but unfortunately fire and water don't mix. Next we know they escape.

Time skip

  After the prince and Iroh escape I decided to go check on Azula. Before I can even knock I hear stuff being destroyed. I decided just go inside and hope she doesn't kill me. "Azula?" I said peeping in. I see her In front of the mirror her hair a mess. "What do you want!?" She said. "I wanted to see if you were alright." I said. "Do I look alright? I'm surrounded by idiots!" She said slamming her hand on her dresser. I decided to sit next to her. "Your hair is a mess." I grab a brush and fix her hair. "Here let me fix it." I said. She didn't say anything. After I fix her hair and I get up and about to leave the room. But Azula grab my arm. "WAIT!" She said. I turn to her. "Why do I get the feeling your the only one who cares about me and my feelings." She said looking down. I decided to not say a word. "My mother never cared for me and I don't believe my father care for me either." This was new for the two years I know her she never tell me her feelings. "Please just stay." I decided to hold her close to me. "Sure." She didn't hug back only look up at me. "Tell me why are you not afraid of me?" She ask. "Because I find your fearsome side cute." I said with no hesitation. "W-What?" She said. "What? Surprised that I like you." I said. "W-well..."  She couldn't finish her sentence. I only smile and kiss her head. Azula was now blushing. Never thought I will see that. "Azula I promise that will be with you unit I die." I said. "Of course you probably forget that promise two year's." "No I didn't I remember." She said and lay her head on my chest. I smile looking at her. "If you ever tell anyone about what happened here I promise i will kill you with my hands." She said. I shiver knowing she will probably kill me. But it good to see her back to her "normal" self.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome back from shit writing 101 sorry for the long pause got busy in my own time. And sorry the writing is crap or whatever and Azula seems out of character your going see a lot of those.