E P I S O D E 3

Y/N POV

Akira and I quietly strolled along the shoreline. The long dress I was wearing gently flowed with the breeze as the light wind blew past us. The water brushed up upon my ankles every so often. The cool feeling was comforting since it was warmer earlier on in the day.

"Is there something bothering you..? You've been quiet for most of the day," Akira began, breaking the silence. "If it's about what I said earlier, you know I was just-"

"It wasn't," I bluntly said.

My tone was soft and quiet, yet loud enough for him to hear. I could feel the small tension breaking through our once comfortable silence as each of us avoided the other's gaze.

"Then? You know you can tell me anything" he reassured.

A small chuckle escaped my lips, catching him off guard. I looked up at him with a sweet smile on my face. If I told him why I was so down, what would he even say? Not many people would know how to react to what I was thinking, so why bother making him uncomfortable?

I'll be fine, for now.

"It's nothing, really," I said, smiling at him. "Thank you for the concern though."

His eyes slightly widened and his face appeared flushed. He nodded as a way of saying "no problem," and faced away from me.

"We should head back, it'll be 5:30 soon, and I'm assuming you want extra time to relax before the reception?" Akira asked.

I nodded, agreeing with him. I looked his way, flashing a small smile that made him look away from me before heading back to the parking lot. The smiles I give Akira may seem fake to cover up my emotions, but I truly mean them as I give them. I'm not one to smile often, but whenever I smile at him, I mean it, and I know it carries meaning to him.

The two of us settled in the car, preparing to drive back to the hotel to change. As we drove, silence surrounded the atmosphere once again. This was normal since both of us were normally quiet, self kept, or more shy people. This time though, I was more quiet because I was lost in thought.

I couldn't help but wish this day would end already.