E P I S O D E 4

Y/N POV

We pulled up to the wedding reception, all with different goals. Jia was excited for nothing more than to eat and party, and Akira wanted nothing to do with anyone aside from me and the groom. For this reason, he hardly socialized or danced, but was also focused on the food. I, on the other hand, had neither the food nor the dancing on my mind. I was looking forward to the night being over.

It wasn't that I wasn't having fun or enjoyed it, I just didn't feel comfortable in large crowds of people. I can tolerate it, but whenever someone I don't know is too close, I become wary.

————————

"Would you mind if I stole Akira away from you for a moment?" The grooms asked, leaning down between us.

"Not at all," I answered.

Akira had a dreaded look on his face, causing me to slightly giggle. The groom pulled him away from the table, taking him to the other side of the party hall.

"I have someone I want you to meet, I think you'll really like her," he proudly stated.

"Her?!" Akira yelped, raising his tone in shock.

I laughed a bit as their words faded into the crowd of dancing people, and blaring music. I looked to the side of the room, noticing Jia socializing, and nonstop filling her plate with complementary dishes. After some time, my eyes traveled with her figure as she too, disappeared into the dancing crowd.

I faintly smiled to myself, standing from the empty table. I steadily walked toward the exit of the hall, allowing myself to be engulfed in the cool evening breeze. The sky was beautiful at this time of day. Although the only colors I could see were grey, it was no less of an incredible sight.

I adjusted my dress as I sat down on one of the steps outside the entryway, tilting my head back, and inhaling deeply. I closed my eyes, allowing the light breeze to brush through my hair and dress.

I heard the doors behind me open and close, but I paid no mind to whoever it was who exited. I heard the light steps grow closer to me before stopping still some distance away. I focused on nothing but the comforting sound of silence, and distant cars...

That was, until whoever it was spoke.

"May I join you?"