➛08

Ryujin...

Ryujin got shocked at the sudden action of the boy in front of her. She was also confused on why the boy is suddenly hugging her.

If she's gonna be honest, when she saw the boy sitting at the bench earlier, he was looking kinda down?

As a kind person she is, she stayed at her position and started patting his back.

Maybe he's sad or he needs company.

Yes, she just met him that day but it'll be rude to back him off right?

In her friend group, Ryujin is the crying shoulder. Most of her friends always tell their problems to her because they know they can trust her. She was used to this kind of stuff or feeling but sometimes when she is the one who needs a crying shoulder, there's no one for her.

Ryujin started rubbing his back as she felt his head resting on her shoulder. That little gesture gave her a feeling that she can trust this boy.

Minutes later, she heard little sobs from the boy who was still hugging her.

"Wait, are you crying?" she asked the boy.

"No.." Beomgyu whispered.

Ryujin gently pulled away from the hug and looked at his face.

Beomgyu looked at the ground because he didn't want to her to see his puffy eyes.

"Hey Beomgyu" she said and Beomgyu looked up.

"Ryujin.."

Ryujin saw his eyes. It was puffy and red. His cheeks were covered with tears.

"Why are you crying? Have you been crying all afternoon?" Ryujin asked worryingly.

"It's nothing really." he wiped his tears aggressively.

"You don't have to hide it because I already saw you and hey don't be aggressive with wiping your face with your hands. Here use this." she handed him a handkerchief.

Beomgyu looked at the handkerchief then to Ryujin.

"Take it." she insisted.

Beomgyu just looked at her face.

"Just take it kid. Do you want me to wipe your face?" she said emphasizing the word 'me'.

Beomgyu got shocked at her statement and didn't utter a word.

"Fine then."

When she was about to lift her hands up, Beomgyu stopped her and finally took the handkerchief in her hand.

"I'm sorry that I'm such a bother. Now, you're gonna remember me as 'the boy who cried on our first meeting' for the rest of your life." He wiped his tears and chuckled.

"Nah dude, it's okay but expect me to call you that since you gave me an idea." She said leaning her back at the bench.

"So can you tell me now why you disappeared earlier and cried?" Ryujin asked. "Don't worry, I won't tell Yeonjun." she added.

"It's really nothing Ryujin." He answered handing her handkerchief back.

"Keep it." she said pushing his hand back.

"Why-"

"Shhh, just answer my question first." she shushed him.

"I told you it's nothing." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't believe you. I know you won't cry for no reason."

"How would you know?"

"I just know. Aish! why do you keep on asking me? I'm asking you." she pointed at him.

"I told you it's nothing. I just needed a hug." he whispered the last line.

"Alright fine." Ryujin stopped asking him questions because he might be uncomfortable.

"No, I'm not uncomfortable if you are curious." he said leaning his back at the bench.

Ryujin looked at him in shocked.

"Are you a mind reader?" she gasped.

"Huh? No." he said and faced her.

"Then how did you?" Ryujin pointed at his head then to her head then to his head then to her head.

Beomgyu giggled at the cute reaction from the girl.

"I don't know, I just feel like you are thinking about that specific thing." he answered as she put her hand down.

"That's so fucking cool." she cursed and Beomgyu was taken back.

"What did you say?"

"I said 'that's so fucking cool'." she said with the same tone.

"But you don't curse"

"Kid, we just met 3 hours ago so you didn't hear me curse yet. But you heard one now."

"Nevermind." he said taking back what he said earlier.

"There you guys are!" Yeonjun said popping in front of them out of nowhere.

"Where the hell did you came from?" Ryujin cursed again.

"Stop cursing" Beomgyu told the girl.

"And you?!" she said pointing at the cat-eyed girl ignoring Beomgyu's words.

"Yeji?"