➛18

Tomorrow morning...

Dear Choi Beomgyu,

Hi Beomgyu, I didn't got the guts to tell you that I'm leaving Paris and I don't know if we'll ever see each other again. I know this isn't a proper goodbye. Beomgyu, I will have a brain surgery. I have Glioblastoma multiforme. There's a low possibility that I will survive this but I'll keep on fighting okay? I want to meet you again. I hope by the time I meet you again, I'm fine already and my life is back to normal. If ever yesterday is the last day of me being with you, I am thanking you for making my last day with you memorable. I'll miss you. I hope we meet again Beomgyu.

From,
Shin Ryujin

...

Beomgyu's eyes are in the verge of tears while reading the letter she gave him yesterday. She said to open it when he gets home but due to tiredness he didn't get to read it last night.

Rushingly, he put on his coat and ran out of the hotel. He ran to the nearest airport.

"Beom—" Yeonjun called him but he ignored it.

"Ah shit" Yeonjun cursed and hurriedly went into his car.

He ran and ran gripping the letter she gave him and finally he reached the airport.

"Ryujin!" he called. A lot of people are staring at him but he doesn't care.

"Ryujin!" he called tears threatening to fall down from his eyes.

"No Ryujin.." he broke down into tears.

What did I do to deserve this? Why is everyone leaving me? Ryujin why did you leave me again?

"Beomgyu.." someone called him.

It was Chaeryeong.

"Beomgyu, stand up please." Chaeryeong helped him.

"Chaeryeong, where's Ryujin?"

Chaeryeong felt pity for the boy. She gulped and spoke.

"She left already." she answered.

"No no, that's impossible." he cried.

"I'm so sorry Beomgyu." she patted his back.

"Chae, Beom!" Yeonjun called.

"Yeonjun." Chaeryeong said.

"Where's...Ryujin?"

"She left already." Beomgyu answered trying his best not to cry more.

"I'll buy you water." Yeonjun ran to the nearest convenience store.

"Do you know her address?" Beomgyu asked the girl.

"Sorry I—I know you know, don't worry. I won't follow her ." he cut her words.

"Can you send her this letter?" he handed her an envelope.

"Please, Chaeryeong." He pleaded.

Letting out a big sigh, Chaeryeong took the envelope and nodded.

"I'll try." she gave him a thin smile.

"Thank you so much Chaeryeong." He held her shoulders.

"Here, use this to wipe your tears." she handed him a handkerchief.

"Thank you."

"Here's your water Beom." Yeonjun came back holding 2 bottles of water.

"Here Chae"

"Thanks."

"Let's get going now." Yeonjun told Beomgyu. "Chae, do you need a ride?"

"Ah no thanks, I still need to go to that store." she answered.

"Okay, be safe."

Chaeryeong nodded as Yeonjun started walking in the opposite direction. As for Beomgyu, he looked back at Chaeryeong.

Chaeryeong gave him a reassuring smile and mouthed an "I'll try my best."

"Thank you"

As she saw them both entering Yeonjun's car and left.

Chaeryeong on the other hand ran to went out of the airport and went back to the place where she was in the first place.

She found her friend sobbing in the corner.

"Ryu..."

Ryujin watched the whole thing with her own eyes. It was too much for her. She can't handle seeing Beomgyu crying. She hated the fact that she used her friend to tell him that she ready left but she has no other choice. She doesn't want him to see her looking like a mess already. She wanted him to remember her where she was smiling and happy.

It is indeed true that she will have a brain surgery because of her disease. She will leave. This disease is indeed deadly and just a little percent on people with this kind of disease survived the surgery.

"Ryu." Chaeryeong called her as she lifted her head.

"Beomgyu told me that this is for you." she handed her the letter he gave earlier.

Ryujin took the envelope and read the label on it.

To Shin Ryujin......From Choi Beomgyu

Then she sobbed more. Just by seeing his name hurts her heart more. She can't believe she did that to him.

Chaeryeong engulfed her with a warm hug as she let her cry in her shoulders.

"Let's get you home Ryujin. You still have a flight later."